Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Sure this is a big job to readjust not only the font bigger but to make those text box stretched when there is place for, not with three little dots instead.

For me font is small but i can live with it :grinning:

Did you try to read a bio?

Yes :grinning: and that is also badly formatted, paragraphs… way too large, boring reading. I think also that all the links are not working from the page it comes…

1 Like

I don’t get bios for well known artists, such as Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Dire Straits… And for classical music, I get almost nothing.

2 Likes

I got qobuz here and there is someting bothering me. For example when I add some artist like Ane Brun to My Music I also selected just her main albums, because on her page there is around 70 CDs. When I open the artist should be a tab called “Selected” or so, because everytime I need to search the album inside this huge list. It’s weird. Yes, I added the album on My Music too, but if I can’t remember the name of the album gets confused and need to search inside the huge list and so on…

Just an ideia.

I think that the same thing would happen using Tidal or HRA.

Being new here, who can help me with the font size for the artists bio? I have to use a magnifying glass. I may be older, but not that old!

Thanks!

Font size can’t be changed for the moment (only cover art size). Developers are aware of the issue but we don’t know when this will be addressed.

Thank you.

you may try changing the resolution, but this can cause problems with other apps, plus less information will fit on the screen. i use 1280x720, i am visually impaired, i am satisfied with this resolution even with as but i don’t have my screen too populated. But for me (firefox, vlc, audirvana studio, reading documents) it’s ok.

@Antoine

My trial period ended yesterday, and I hesitated to subscribe, not because I’m happy with the player as it is at this stage, but because I would have liked to continue to test it, and I’m curious to see how it will evolve.
For the moment, I won’t subscribe, but I’ll keep an eye on the forum, and if I see that there was an interesting evolution, I may subscribe for a single month to test AS again.

I have several players on my Mac, but I’m not entirely happy with any of them.
I will become a subscriber to AS, if these two conditions were met:

1/
I need AS to support the DSF Wavpacked format.

2/
I need AS to impropve it’s library management

A. The way AS separates multiple artists with the “;” chart, by adding a space in the beginning of the name of the second artist, makes its library management unworkable for me.
We discussed it already, but since then, a friend, who is a Roon user, checked this point for me. It appears that in the setting of Roon there’s no way to enter “; + Space” as a separator, only “;”. It’s impossible to enter a space when you set a separator, whatever the chart that is used. Roon knows by itself that a space in the beginning of the name of an artist has to be suppressed.

B. The other major issue in the library management is that AS uses the MusicBrainz ID tag, but it ignores the conventions of MusicBrainz regarding the separation between multiple artists. It does not recognize “/” as a separator, though MusicBrainz writes automatically “/” as a separator to the tags of a user who imports metadata from its site.

There are other points in AS that I would like to see fixed, like the small fonts, but they are of a minor importance.

As I said above, if AS is improved on these two points, I will subscribe to it for a full year.

1 Like

I subscribed for a year, figured it was a low enough cost (with the discount) to support the company and see how Studio progresses. Right now I don’t see really any value added over 3.5, and with respect to the UI in particular things go worse, IMO. I’ll re-engage with it periodically and see if it’s worth continued investment.

1 Like

Just subscribed for a year.
Paid £45 for the first year so no problem should it not develop sufficiently over the coming year.
The new iOS remote has been remarkably stable so far, certainly no worse than the 3.5 version. This has probably helped me decide to take out a subscription as I only use Studio in a headless set-up via UPnP.
Sure, there are a few minor bugs (in my instance) but I hope these will be ironed out in the coming months. The fact that I no longer have to upsample in order to listen to my 24 bit files was also instrumental in my subscription.
Will probably be replacing my streamer/DAC in the very near future and will opt for a Roon-Ready model, as I’d like to trial Roon alongside Studio.

I purchased two licenses in order to have dedicated setups at home - 3 options there, and at work without the need to login/kill the process of a setup I thought I stopped. No regrets.

We don’t share this information with them, we use the analyze of your track to give you recommendation based on the information they provide to us, not the contrary.

5 Likes

I’ve subscribed for a year too. The basics of sound quality and reasonably good integration of local and streamed content are there and it should improve as bugs are fixed and enhancements made.

1 Like

For me, it’s €70.

€70 is $83
https://www.xe.com/en/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=70&From=EUR&To=USD

I did not miss the discount. I’m just not an A3.5 owner. I’m Audirvana Plus owner.

I’ll subscribe next month because the sound is amazing, the UI is a beauty to me (only font-size that need a adjustment) but of course there are many things to be improved. I trust on this project so I’ll give a try for a year too. Let’s see.

AS + Qobuz is epic stuff here. Almost nothing to complain.

4 Likes

Even if you are a Audirvana Plus owner you can get the discount, there is an option when you are on the price page in your account, do you see “already customer” ?

1 Like

Thank you, Damien. That’s indeed what I get.

I was sure that the discount was exclusive to A3.5 owners.

1 Like