Audirvāna Studio login

Hello, each time I want to use Studio, on my Mac Book or on my Windows 10 PC, enter my login and my password without being able to save them.
Is there a way not to have to enter this data every time?
Thank you

4 Likes

Same problem.

1 Like

Same problem, it’s super annoying, can the local details not be saved to the Windows registry?

Same old. Good luck to get an answer here. I did not switch to Studio.

I don’t have that problem, but I don’t know why you do. If I did, I would certainly be happy to tell you, but at least there is a solution…somewhere. While in Audirvana Studio, did you click on “My Account” to see if you can find anything?

I only started having this problem recently. :-/

i also have this problem. it started this week and is a royal pain in the ass. I use DLNA (to an Ultrarendu) which is buggy and requires frequent software reboots. Combining having to login with restarting this app is enough for me to walk away.

Hello @ADAlvarez and @Sfine0 ,

Can you please go to Studio settings> My account and disconnect your account? After doing this, reconnect your account and you should not have this issue again.

2 Likes

Nop. Still login issues. I’m using a 2012 Mac min running OSX 10.15.7 .

Also having problems with Tidal - either no songs show up on list or error message on trying to load song. When I disconnect from Tidal and try to reconnect a dialog pops up saying I do not have the privilege to login. I reboot the Mac mini, start Audirvana and I am already logged into Tidal.
Also have a problem with DLNA Interface to my Ultrarendu . Music loading/play stop and the Ultrarendu is no longer in the device list. If I clear the DLNA cashe on the Ultrarendu, it shows up in the list as the active device and I can play music.
Steve

Same here; also after disconnecting my Mac from within my account, then re-connecting it. I believe it started happening after re-setting the password, after I forgot the original.