Audirvāna Studio Trial Extension

Good point :grinning:

Issue is not only about lack or delay of availability of remote apps. It’s about client and product management.
Moving to a subscription model means not only new payment model, it means continuous upgrade and new features or capabilities.
All software companies that tried to move to cloud/subscription without significant change on product release management, all those that just try to obtain more regular payment without any other added value did or will die.
Audirvana isn’t moving in the right direction. I’m disappointed and very pessimistic for the future. And what makes me the more unhappy is the lack of reaction when users start to be seriously unsatisfied.

4 Likes

The same to me. In spite of having written to AS support, my trial period is not extended.

Je ne vais pas perdre mon temps à demander une prolongation de l’essai. C’est à Audirvana, si ils ne veulent pas perdre trop de clients, de donner un nouvel essai automatiquement à tous ceux qui ont essayé le premier test de 30 jours. Si ils me proposent une telle possibilité lorsque tout fonctionnera et que la télécommande sera disponible, je referai un essai et alors si je suis séduit je pourrai éventuellement m’abonner, sinon je me passerai très bien d’AS.

2 Likes

Bonsoir Monky,

Moi, j’ai demandé la prolongation et je l’ai obtenue. Le seul problème est que cette prolongation se termine dans dix jours et il n’y a toujours aucune télécommande en vue.

1 Like

So where is the Audirvana Remote Control for Audirvana Studio?

3 Likes

I know ! You can find it very easily, and it works so well, the design is awesome and it’s snappy ! To get it, you just need to – oh no, it’s them ! They found me, I don’t know how they did it but they found me. Remember, tell everybody that to get the new Audirvana Remote, they just need to –aaaaaaaaaarghhhh

3 Likes

It’s coming next week. Just remember it’s always next week at some point. We’ll know the winner of the Euro’s before we get a remote.

2 Likes

I think it is just the usual email blast, as it simply announced its non-existence aka will be available next week.

It’s now next week. Suppose it could come anytime between now and Sunday. Although it’ll more likely be next week

Yep it’s another “remote groundhog” week :wink:

Même chose pour moi, période d’essai terminée, deux emails envoyés pour demander la prolongation promise, et aucune réponse de l’équipe Audirvana Studio… Pas très sympa de leur part.
Je resterai avec la version 3.5 jusqu’à ce que l’équipe Damien and Co se ressaisisse, si cela arrive un jour.

J’étais pourtant fervent supporter d’Audirvana avant ces cafouillages en chaîne.

Damien, ingénieur de grand talent aurait sans doute du se méfier des conseils d’un “accélérateur de business” promettant la “valorisation des avantages compétitifs” l’“amélioration de l’efficacité de distribution” ou l’“optimisation des ressources commerciales”…

2 Likes

Si les ressources dépensées dans des logos, un nouveau design du site et de la pub étaient investies dans le produit lui-même, on aurait eu peut-être un lecteur qui marche. Là, même le rendu sonore a un problème.

2 Likes

When was that I didn’t get it ?

No no, the next week mentioned in the E-mail was the week that has past, suffice to say, I am not going to subscribe to such a company.

Sorry, I was being flippant.

The thread will be deleted again. That’s okay, we’ll just talk somewhere else. This subscription aberration is a constant financial pressure for the users, but even worse, it’s a continuous pressure on Damien. He has to deal with the bugs and inevitable incompatibilities, but he also has to keep adding new features to maintain the subscriptions.

Guys I think you have huge time to waste. Some of you post daily with almost the same problems. You are not tired? My experience with AS is very good for my taste. The sound is very good for me, especially with Qobuz and hires local content. I use win 10, kernel streaming, upsampling, fabfilter, fidelizer. The sound is fantastic! Even some radios sounds goood. Of course I have some problems but:

1.Don’t care about remote - i have a single room, don’t like wireless/bluetooth things and don’t care about them. I can sit on the sofa, eat or do other things while listening to AS without problems, don’t interract with AS too much, i have playlists and albums and prefer to listen, not to touch the program frequently.

2.Don’t care about library - do you know you can use the program without it? Why to wait too much, i have a slow computer, sometimes make modifications to my music folders, so why to complicate my life? You can use playlists, favorites, drag and drop. For me works perfectly, just sometimes the tracks are dubbed, hope to be fixed this.

3.Don’t care too much about interface - i think looks good and indeed have some minor bugs. Btw, i like the mini player. I have a huge monitor and changed the resolution. Some things don’t fit perfect on the screen but in the most cases it’s ok, hope Damien will fix this. Btw, i am visually impaired.

So my advice is to stop complaining and do something: come back in a few months, enjoy AS, just do something, not just compain and complain and complain.

2 Likes

J’ai demandé aussi une prolongation de la période d essai au support resté lettre morte. La période d essai c est expirée hier soir. J’ai donc tout naturellement désinstallé AS ce matin.:blush:. De toute façon c’est sans regret pour ma part. Hier sachant que c était le dernier jour j’ai refait le test Roon vs AS. Test effectué sans aucun DSP ni surechantillonage activité sur les deux. Les 2 lecteurs installés sur le même PC avec fidelizer pro en lecture réseau RAAT pour Roon UPNP pour AS vers le même streamer un Allo usbridge SIG ou tourne gentooplayer, branché en USB sur mon dac. Écoute sur colonne Triangle et ampli Cambridge cxa 80. Pas tester avec mon ampli à lampes vu la chaleur sur Paris hier… A chaque fois Roon était meilleur. Plus de profondeur, de matière, plus d assise… Un son plus robuste. Je ne parle même pas de la qualité de l interface ou expérience utilisateur… J’ai même invité un ami de l ancienne école, écoute vinyle et CD pas de demat… Mais une personne qui écoute beaucoup de musique. Je lui ai fait écouter les deux lecteurs à l’aveugle, mais il n’y connait rien en demat… A chaque fois il a préféré la lecture via Roon. Bon cela est vrai avec mon système en écoute fichiers FLAC standard. Je ne dis pas que cela est valable chez tout le monde et en écoute directe PC USB dac les résultats peuvent être différents… Mais dans mon cas de figure Roon c est avéré être meilleur et pour 3 euros de plus par mois il y a pas photo mon choix a été vite fait !
A bon entendeur.

1 Like