Best music streamer 100% compatible with Audirvana

Alex
I just realised that not all the HD albums that I have in my local library are coming through:

A DSD64 file is played as 24/88
A 24/88 file is played as 24/88
A 24/48 file is played as 24/48
A 24/176 file is not producing any sound but the lecture says 24/96
A 24/96 file is not producing any sound but the lecture says 24/96

Let me know what you make of this. Thanks

If you have a second computer, try to check on that system. It might be a DAC issue with the Peachtree.

Would be also good to check with another DAC using TOSLINK with the same files, just to be sure what is causing the problem.

I use my phone whit usb audio player or my Mac book pro with audirvana and Smsl M500. And have fantastic sound, I put xlr outputs, Fabulous. I try another dac and streams above 3000€ or 4000€ and don’t have better sound, and smsl M500 is 380€ :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

I haven’t heard back yet from Peachtree but I think it’s obvious that the DAC in the Nova is dated and is likely to be the source of the problems. I have placed an order for a Khadas toneboard DAC. I should have it here sometine in the week. I will share the results of my testing as soon as I get it. Thank you

Thanks! I chose a relatively low cost/low risk option. I will try the new DAC and see what is the outcome.

Best regards

Just read this thread and was going to suggest the Khadas TB. I think it sounds great, it has a slightly more analog sound than the DAC in my DX160. It has no noise/hiss that I can hear. It can compete against DACs that cost way more according to reviews. My Khadas TB is installed inside my amp using a short USB C extension lead so you can plug your usb lead from your computer into the back of the amp. I forgot to do the same with the coax input. The only issue I had was that my Mac did not recognise it straight away (it’s plug and play with no drivers) after I unplugged it, but it did with a bit of fiddling. It is MQA compatible which is ideal if you use Tidal.

It’s not MQA enabled. Where did you get that?

Anyway, you’ll get the first unfold when playing through Audirvana.

Actually the Nova has a designated “room” in the back for a separate wireless device. I could probably use this space to adapt the KTB … however, I will probably keep it separate and take advantage to use it with my laptop and headphones.

It looked like the KTB was unfolding mqa to 96khz! I did not know it was Audirvana doing this sorry for the misinformation everyone.

The KTB is here…

1 Like

:+1: … with compliments !

My macbook pro is not recognising the Khadas tone board connected via USB.
I think I remember seeing this is not an uncommon issue.
Any ideas to make it work? I have been plugging-unplugging for a while.
I can go find a coax cable but I want to make USB work. Thanks

Wait, I need to make USB work, my Macbook has to recognise the DAC

I have tried with a second mcbook pro and this one is not recognising the TB either. Both are mid 2012 macs.

I have reached for the Kadhas team but so far no luck.

My MacBook is late 2011 (HighSierra) and can recognize the Khadas Tone Board in MidiAudio settings and Audirvana recognize it too …

With the help of the Khadas team I figured it out and it was as simple as trying a different cable, not tje one provided with the TB

Success!!image

I also received my new turntable yesterday. So it is xmas in june!image

:astonished:… wonderful turntable!

Your mat is too thick, the tonearm sits at a weird angle.

1 Like