Cambridge Audio CXN failure

No it doesn’t it plays 64 and 128 without a problem

Thanks

Budgie

But what about hires pcm eg 96 192 etc?

Has this thread curled up its toes and been buried.

What happened to all the Logs , did anyone find any indications of a problem.

I still have to butcher my signal to even get a track to play and then the Remote won’t allow me to stop the track , I have to go into StreamMagic to control the playlist .

That is when I am foolish enough to think AS will work …

@Antoine ?

Hello @MikeO,

We have made a test version that may solve this issue but this test version is only available for MacOS. As we had good reports about it, we will add this fix in the next update of Studio.

1 Like

So old audirvana sort of worked with my cxnv2. Thought I’d try studio to see if the problems had been fixed. No such luck. None of the radio stations work and some tracks won’t play (all fine with tidal app). What a shame as wanted to subscribe. Old version mmi poor (often had to select track twice) but neither audirvana or ca would own and fix the problem.

Did you try with the raw PCM toggle?

Are you connecting via USB or UPNP?
Do you have the pre amp enabled or disabled in your CXNv2?
I had issues with it enabled.

The only problem I have with CXNv2 now is radio stations. High res ones tend to have drop outs for a while but settle down after a minute or two. Are you using Mac or windows? What error message are you getting with the tracks which won’t play and are they from files or streamed? I have encountered some tracks on Qobuz which are greyed out and do not play on any system.

Turning raw PCM toggle over has fixed the radio and the track that wouldn’t play. Only problem is pause button greyed out and doesn’t work (same on remote). Worked fine on 3.5

I just got a CA CXN V2 and was planning to use AS running on a Mac Mini Core i7 16GB ram. Hopefully the problems were sorted on both sides. I really want to like this software honestly but I’m little hesitant at this point.

I will report back my first experience with the above combo and share with you guys settings and configuration. Bye for now!

Not the right place :smiling_imp:

As far as I know there has been no change to fix the issue, switching the Raw switch helps but does not fix as commented above . I just gave up and cancelled any sub renewal …

With a CXN v2. I would either use JRiver as. DLNA Server or better still Roon, your Mac will support the core requirements

1 Like

this issue is still not fixed. I changed my cxnv2 for 851N. The fault in audirvana is exactly the same :frowning:

Hi @Hugoman56;

Nothing as changed because Cambridge has not released the fix they have to do on their side. I have been in contact with them and the fix is still not published yet, probably because they have other priorities to deal with first.

This topic was automatically closed 375 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.