Day 1 with Studio and it crashes constantly -- how to report?

I see no obvious way to send a crash report to the devs. Nothing in the app, no method of contact through the website. I would assume they’d like to hear about the trouble I’m having with the app. Is this forum the only outlet for feedback?

I launched Studio and let it beginning indexing and analyzing my library. I decided to play a track during the process and within a minute the app crashed. Reopened and left it alone to analyze, and it crashed again with a minute or two. Reopened and it crashed immediately. Reopened and it crashed again within a minute. Reopened and it crashed immediately.

Super disappointed so far given that I waited a little while to try this out, expecting some major bugs in the first few days. I’m running a 2018 6-core i7 Mac mini with 32GB RAM and macOS 10.15.7. My library is on a Synology Diskstation and everything is hardwired with ethernet.

I’m on my 30-day trial and there’s no way I’ll subscribe with this kind of instability, and what appears to be the inability to contact the devs directly about bugs does not inspire confidence in problems getting resolved quickly. If I’m missing something when it comes to reporting issues then please let me know, but I’m a website developer with a focus on UI/UX and I can tell you that having to look this hard for a method of contact is a big red flag.

Hi ryanbsmith,

If you want to try AS with its remote, you should write a mail to the support and ask them for a 2 weeks of extension of your trial period in order to try AS with its remote.

EDIT
I don’t know how you can report, but we hope that someone reads our posts on this forum.

1 Like

Did you have v3.5 before trying Studio version? If yes, try to delete your old database, that maybe make your app crash?

If you have Playlists that are important export them first to desktop and save them in a folder… when Audirvana is reset, you can re-import them back in one shot. sadly to this day, the folders they were in if so, are not back, you have to do them again…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom…click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

If you continue and trash the database, you will lose also the play count number
of how many times you played those songs… if important to you or not.

Go to Audirvana preferences panel and delete with - sign your music folder(s) there.

Close Audirvana.

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not).

Restart Mac. Restart Audirvana.

Add a music folder when asked or go to prefs again and add one with + sign.
LET IT SYNC, even better don’t try to adjust windows or edit files, even playing music
while it is not finished… you’ll see the progress bar going… Could be long the first time depending on how large your library is, and Mac is fast or not… go to sleep if it is too long. :slight_smile: way longer with studio analizing files…

Then when finished, close Audirvana, yes close it before playing a song…
That way you will have your database from scratch saved without crashing or bugs.
Then copy the .sqlite file to somewhere else in a folder as a backup for today.
Do this as often you can, if you do many edits in your library or add many CDs, that way if a bug comes back or doubles, you’ll have a not so far library to put back in the same place without bugs.

When copied, reopen Audirvana, and play a song. :slight_smile:

Also, you can write at
support@audirvana.com and ask a longer trial to use the remote that will be out this week. That we received in a newsletter for coming remote :grinning:

2 Likes

Open the Console app. You should see a Crash Report section listed on the left-hand side with available ones listed there to see/send.

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed info. This appears to be working so far. I’ve had AS running for a couple of hours and it’s been analyzing without a crash.

I did assign ratings to hundreds of songs in v3.5, so I assume those will all be lost. That would be really disappointing.