Duplicate tracks - is it back again in Studio?

Well, just discovered something in this evening and i want to share with you. When i listen to a track on Qobuz and i tick the heart sign to add it to favorites he is added TWICE. So after a short examination i found the problem: is added on Qobuz favorites and AS db. After deleting the favorite track from Qobuz is displayed only once. BABAAAM!

Unfortunately, no solid resolution yet, may be a deciding factor in my desire to carry this endeavor out past the trial period

Duplicates is a bug in Audirvana and Studio and still exist… i know…
they are not real duplicates, they are ghost files… it is like it add a slash or add a path that doesn’t exist in front of you music folder… why? that i don’t know…
Damien either i think, since it is still present

there is only one way i found, erase the database (not fun)…
and i wrote the way to manage it up there in this thread…

after you are done with the cure, you have to save that perfect database of the day…
if you do tagging the next day, save that database again to have a latest backup…
that way, you trust you, not Audirvana to take care of what you work hard to have…

Then, if the duplicate of an album or songs happen again, just close Audirvana and replace the .sqlite database file with you latest backup and restart Audirvana. that way, you will just lose that play count of the albums you have played since the backup replace…

1 Like

I am still having problems with duplicate tracks with AS 1.5.7. It happens whenever I add a new local album to my library, or even if I add an album cover JPG to an existing album. I am unable to make additions to my local library without it resulting in duplicate tracks.

After making such a change I am faced with a whole bunch of existing albums all showing up in my ‘Recently Added’ smart playlist, non of these albums have changed in any way and are certainly not ‘recently added’. In all cases the albums concerned have a full compliment of duplicate tracks. Currently it seems to be affecting a full artist collection, for example ALL albums for David Bowie, Kate Bush, Lloyd Cole, Robert Cray, Porcupine Tree and so on, generally something like 12 to 15 artists at a time.

I have a number of saved databases that are free of duplicates but that doesnt always seem to clear the problem. I generally have to go back to the oldest of my ‘clean’ database backups which was taken before the analysing files process was complete, so that starts from the beginning.

Newly subscribed to AS. Boom…duplicate tracks. Trashed the music folder in AS and created anew. Problem still there. Checked the music source folder from my NAS, nope no duplicate files. Has anybody finally found the sure and easy cure?

@dv187736

Duplicate tracks after update!

Take a look to that post. It work for me after several days. :crossed_fingers:. If you have a Mac you can try.

Thanks, Alain.
My AS is a newer version than the 1.6.4.6.dmg the post is asking to install. Is this correct and should I install for the fix?

I don’t understand, the last official version is 1.6.4, so you cannot have a newer version than 1.6.4.6 ??

When I tried to install the downloaded .dmg file, the system pops up a message saying I have a newer version and whether I want to do install.

To be accurate, when I try to move the downloaded AS to the Applications folder this message comes up…“A newer item named ‘Audio Studio’ already exists in this location. Do you want to replace it with the older one you’re moving?” Options are KEEP, STOP, REPLACE. At this point, I am unsure to proceed. Also, where can I see my AS version as there is no “About Audivarna” in the app. Thanks

You can see it in menu “Audirvana Studio” → “Debug Info”. A window opens, look at the first line.

I went ahead with the install of 1.6.4.6 after confirming my AS is 1.6.4. The first time, there were still duplication of music tracks. I decided to redo the installation again but this time trashing the AS application first, and then deleting the AS files under the Application Support in the Library folder per RunHomeSlow earlier post.

The Sync is still running but I notice there are no duplicates in the initial albums loaded so far - hopefully a good sign. The sync is running much slower this time. As such it would time a while to finish. I will give an update once I’ve verified the albums after the sync process.

Yes you would have to trash the file in the library as this is the corrupted one!
When sync is finished put a copy of it on your desktop for security, but until today mine is still OK :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Based on the albums I sampled, the downloaded AS version seem to have fixed the problem. Thank you.

However, and I am not sure if is caused by this version, I have missing tracks in so many of the albums although the music track files are in the source folders. This is a different topic so I guess I have to post in the appropriate thread.

Hi anyone any luck with dealing with the problem of duplicate tracks in Windows10?

Cheers

I recently took out a subscription for AS and am being plagued by the duplicate track issue. I have checked that there are no duplicate tracks via the metadata view command (both tracks point to the same file location) and am surprised at such a fundamental failing. I also use Jriver and had hoped that AS would be a better solution but I’m disappointed tbh. Has anyone any idea how to resolve this very annoying issue please?

Hello @simmobb2,

Can you send us a copy of the “Debug Info” when you have this issue? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>My account

Please remove the line corresponding to your logged-in account to avoid displaying your email address and first name/last name publicly.

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Audirvana Studio 1.8.1 (10801)

macOS 12.0 with 8GB physical RAM

Connected account:
SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
Globally: OFF
Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
r8brain not in use
r8brain filter parameters
Bandwidth = 99.5%
Stop band attenuation 218dB
Phase linear

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 0 folders
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/johnsimmons/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Remote Control server:
Listening on 127.0.0.1 on port 59642

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
Qobuz: Connected as Qobuz Studio

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 5120MB
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Enabled

Preferred device:
RME ADI-2 DAC (51080505)
Model UID:ADI-2 DAC (51080505):2A39:3FD3
UID:AppleUSBAudioEngine:RME:ADI-2 DAC (51080505):3096DCC5C5CCEC8:1,2

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x2c ADI-2 DAC (51080505)
Manufacturer: RME
Model Name: RME ADI-2 DAC (51080505)
Model UID: ADI-2 DAC (51080505):2A39:3FD3
UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:RME:ADI-2 DAC (51080505):3096DCC5C5CCEC8:1,2

10 available sample rates up to 768000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 14 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: No
Virtual: No
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Unhandled
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x2d 2 channels starting at 1
20 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

20 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 768kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 705.6kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 384kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 352.8kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 192kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 176.4kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 96kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 88.2kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 48kHz
2 ch Non-mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Integer 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 4
Device #0: ID 0x3a U28E590 Manufacturer: SAM Model UID: 4C2D4E0C-0000-0000-2718-0103803D2378 UID: 4C2D4E0C-0000-0000-2718-0103803D2378 Model Name: SAM U28E590
Device #1: ID 0x2f KEF X300A Speaker Manufacturer: KEF Model UID: KEF X300A Speaker:27AC:1002 UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:KEF:KEF X300A Speaker:110000:1 Model Name: KEF X300A Speaker
Device #2: ID 0x2c ADI-2 DAC (51080505) Manufacturer: RME Model UID: ADI-2 DAC (51080505):2A39:3FD3 UID: AppleUSBAudioEngine:RME:ADI-2 DAC (51080505):3096DCC5C5CCEC8:1,2 Model Name: RME ADI-2 DAC (51080505)
Device #3: ID 0x34 Mac mini Speakers Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: Speaker UID: BuiltInSpeakerDevice Model Name: Apple Inc. Mac mini Speakers

UPnP devices found : 2
Device #0: ID 0x0 johns-mac-mini.lan UID: uuid:0d0b65f8-e8aa-1b4d-92fd-156647eb624d Location: http://192.168.86.32:52101/DeviceDescription.xml
Device #1: ID 0x0 Audiolab 6000N UID: uuid:3d62cbc4-32f8-4fbc-8618-60b60607ff74 Location: http://192.168.86.30:49152/description.xml

You do not have any folder synchronized with Studio. Does the duplicates you are talking about are in Qobuz? Can you update to the latest version of Studio? We made a fix for potential duplicates for streaming.

I am talking about local files, the program is collecting data from my external usb drive which has no duplicate files. I don’t know why it isn’t recording the usb drive location in the debug info? I am fully updated.

I just added the external drive and this resulted in every local album being duplicated