First Impression

Using Windows 10:

The Tidal/Qobuz tracks are not automatically integrated into the library, You need to make them favorites to commingle them. ???

I don’t seem to get any DSD with kernel streaming.

Moving around the user interface seems clunky and text size is too small (and cannot be changed).

It took a long time to intitally load my library – apparently it was “analyzing”. My phone app can load a library much quicker.

Hi lucretius, my Tidal/Qobuz tracks are automatically integrated into the library. I assume you mean the view under “My Music”/“Albums”?

Yes. So they can be seen as one integrated list.

Yes indeed they can be

Why can I raise my volume with the media keys on my mac, but i can’t turn the volume down with the media keys?

How? I see the local and Tidal albums in My Music. Can’t I merge them like in Roon?

The only way to merge them seems to be to make them “favourites”.

1 Like

Using Windows 10:

The Composer tag is still problematic – Audirvana Studio can only read in the first of multiple composers, like 3.5. However, on some tracks, it has replaced the composer information with multiple composers from it’s own database to display in Audirvana Studio – I could tell by the display format. The program should be made to read in multiple composers from the file tags.

And I don’t appreciate Audirvana Studio using it’s database information instead of my file tag information.

So if I log in to Qobuz and Tidal I see all the duplicates in My Music…
Great job…
Sorry. But there is another app, that really is able to make ONE library with local and streaming services…

Is it changing the tags of your files or is it just changing the metadata in the database of the application?

Edit: -----------------

But it is not an integrated list with your local files – they are distinct. FYI, Roon integrates the tracks (streaming and local) into one list.

Audirvana is not rewriting your tag info in the file. Rather, it can replace the file info with it’s own for display in Audivana (at least for Composer).

Thank you very much. I was afraid it would create a mess in my metadata.

I just broke the integer mode (kernel streaming) in Windows. I wasn’t getting DSD output, so I corrected that in the settings. Then I tried to play dsd files and nothing – even got an error message: “Unable to change to integer mode”.

Extremely slow on initial scan of my library. Projected length of initial scan is 6:35. Roon does it in about an hour. I haven’t really played around much with the UI. Waiting for my local library to finish building, first.

Using an ASIO driver, I can upsample PCM to DSD256. However, DSD64 stays at DSD64 ???

Audirvana doesn’t upsample DSD files, was like that on 3.5 also.

2 Likes

You can only add your own URLs for radio stations for current play – you cannot save it for easy recall later – that is problematic.

Happy to see the launch of Audirvana Studio. My install and initial config went smoothly. It will take some getting used to the new interface, but I expected that based on the pre-release images online.

So far I’m quite pleased with the kernel streaming feature in Windows 10, and the addition of internet radio is well done with sorting by genre, and especially with by sorting by location, or quality. Very nice.

Congrats to the Audirvana team.

2 Likes