Heart attack inducing blue noise

@mistral, i’m sure you removed your 2 plugins to test? Have they updates available?, stop upsampling also to test.

Hi RunHomeSlow
Upsampling off test was done earlier. It did not provide a solution.
VST3 plugins off test (upsamling and plugins off in the same time) done today. Unfortunately, it was not a solution either.

Have you contacted FIL Audio about this behavior?

There is no product documentation available from their website… this makes diagnosing the issue difficult

Try removing JRiver Media Center 32…

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

It’s a support community :slight_smile: Like Anonymous Alcoholics :slight_smile: not a highly paid support service.

2 Likes

Exactly. The only person from support (btw, I don’t think the support service should be highly paid when the software îs not free and îs for personal use) is Antoine. We are just clients of Audirvana (or not) trying to help each other. Take it or leave it. I decided to stay because I enjoy AS (almost) everyday.

LE: I’m sure many problems are solved by email (was my case too), this forum doesn’t reflect 100% the reality.

Agoldnear I have the same problem with Volumio via RbPi3, so I don’t think it needs to communicate with FIL Audio.
I will try uninstalling the Jriver WDM driver as you said, but I don’t have much hope.

What is your network configuration? Have you tried simplifying your connection to your DAC or to the streamer by creating a straight wired path with no switches, router, etc?

I consider your suggestions as constructive suggestions in general. However, when I bought Audirvana Studio, I like the wi-fi UPNP feature mentioned among the features of this application and this also influences my decision.
OK, my priority is to listen to high quality sound as smoothly as possible. I have learnt over time that USB and then ethernet is the most stable connection for AS, but I would like to use the convenience of Wifi UPNP.
The developer usually does not even reply to the threads describing such problems in order not to take risks, and some friends on the forum say that if you use this feature, you will have problems, it is best to use another method.
I thank all users who give advice.

1 Like

In order to answer your question about UPnP over wifi. My tuppence worth.

It is not impossible to get UPnP streaming working faultlessly over wireless. I have not had a drop out or any other unwanted playback events using UPnP from my computer to my local network for almost 2 years. However getting the optimum system depends on your situation at home in terms of location of your playback device and computer in relation to the nearest wifi router and more importantly how crowded the wireless spectrum is at your home.

I live in a condo in KL and when viewing the wireless spectrum from my laptop I can see +/- 50 other wireless networks. Within my own home there are numerous wireless devices also competing for bandwidth. To alleviate my initial issues I basically did the following.

1. If possible plug your end point into the router if it is close to other wireless sources (i.e TV, IPTV box etc).

2. Invest in a Wireless app that will help you identify the state of the spectrum at your location and identify crowded spectrum and channels.

3. The wireless routers which came with my 1Gbps fibre internet were not optimum. In no way could it provide coverage for every area of my apartment. The speeds of WiFi 4 and 5 routers are all stated as more than enough for streaming music (20 mbps for 24/192 and equivalent) however they are tested in an isolation lab with no competing wireless sources. Your performance in the real world at home will typically be very, very significantly less.

4. To get to my position of no wireless streaming issues I opted for a WiFi 6 mesh system (Netgear Orbi), this was later replaced by a Wifi 7 system (TP-Linc Deco BE 22000) so that I could take advantage of the totally uncrowded 6 GHz band from my wifi 6E capable computer to the wireless router/satellite (the KEF endpoints are connected to the main router or satellites via ethernet to avoid interference from TV, IPTV box)

5. The wireless routers I have used over the last two years both have QoS functions in the app that let me assign bandwidth priority to my computer such that if my network becomes crowded with other users streaming netflix, prime, music whatever) the computer bandwidth will remain optimised and other users will have their bandwidth adjusted. I set this for 100 Mbps minimum for my computer, massively more than that required to stream music (max 20 Mbps). The TP-Link also has optimisation routines that scan for crowded channels on the 2.4, 5 and 6 GHZ bands and will optimise channel selection accordingly - a useful tool.

6. Adopt a maintenance strategy for your routers. Very simple… reboot once a week and keep your firmware up to date.

You could write a a thick book on optimising a wireless setup but seeing as everyone’s home and wireless neighbourhood is different it would still not cover every scenario. However invest in a quality Wifi system for your home and it will pay dividends in reliability for several years to come. The cost of investing in one is a fraction of the cost of a mid tier hifi component. As you wish to stream over wireless it is an area which cannot be ignored.

Will these suggestions solve your problem? Probably not as I think the issue probably lies elsewhere in your system which @Agoldnear has made several logical suggestions to test. As regards it being Audirvana? Highly unlikely as this forum would be bombarded with frustrated posters. I can assure you the majority users of Audirvana just listen to music via the app as I do and probably do not spend time on this forum.

2 Likes

Okay… As @Djm1960 states in his well-healed experience overview and recommendations, you are dealing with a transmission protocol (UPnP) that has no error-correction mechanism for digital-audio signals and on top of this fact, you are transmitting these digital-audio signals via a wireless transmission of digital-audio code that is very sensitive to packet read-errors, where there is no way to recover lost data… As DJM1960 alludes, the wireless transmission is at the mercy of interference from a myriad of RF sources in the spectrum of your transmission and physical obstructions…

(My response to the what is being described In the original OP posts…)

Is this your experience as well?

My question to you is do you have problems with other devices or applications on your network? If the only problem you have is with A/S…

Some suggested tweaks…

A better custom sample-rate conversion configuration:

• 44100Hz → 88200Hz
  • 176400Hz → 88200Hz
  • 192000Hz → 96000Hz
  • 352800Hz → 88200Hz
  • 384000Hz → 96000Hz

Try changing the settings configuration to match the bold highlighted parameters below:

1 Like

As seen in the log above, my system is “Windows 11 (22631) with 16GB physical RAM”. Are you sure these three settings are in AS Windows? If so, how can they be changed? I think these settings are specific to macOS only.
Regarding custom upscaling, I wrote that the problem persists even if I turn off upscaling.

I have made the custom Upsampling recommendations for performance reasons, as these are the most logical results mathematically, that suit your device…

Below is the actual information found in your Debug report… I just highlighted and changed the settings to reflect the changes that may help the system perform best possible… and maybe along with other distillations of your system configuration, may resolve your problem.

The simplest way to test whether it is a UPnP implementation/settings issue or network issue (if you have not done so already) is as follows;

1. Download a UPnP media player for your phone (i.e MConnect Player on iOS or Bubble UPnP player for an Android phone, both I believe offer free versions).

2. Play a 24/192 track from your streaming service and try to repeat your issue.

If it works with no issues, your network is good and the issue lies in Audirvana settings or an incompatibility between the UPnP implementation in Audirvana and your endpoint. If you have the same issue then the issue probably lies in your network. At least this will narrow down the source of the issue.

3 Likes

I tried MConnect Player today upon Djm1960’s suggestion.

1. In the first half hour of using AS for Windows, blue noise occurs without exception when I skip 8-10 times during track skips within the same album or when I select a track from another album and press play.

2. With this I have a frequent hanging (stucking) problem in all versions AS when skipping tracks in AS for Windows or when I want to play another album.

3. When I tried MConnect Player (2-3 times longer than the time I tested AS) I did not encounter any of these problems. The application runs smoothly like a Swiss watch on WiFi UPNP.

4. I used to see the UPNP system as a problematic system in my AS experience so far. But I understand that it is not my network or UPNP that is problematic. I don’t know what you will conclude from this.

Thank you to Djm1960 who made this test recommendation.

As you can see, the track is sent in WAV by Audirvāna Studio, the test you made with MConnect was with a WAV track?

I have tested Audirvana and MConnect with the almost same albums and tracks on Qobuz. I don’t think I have a chance to identify which one is wav individually. And I know that the problem occurs randomly, not on specific tracks.

Anyone running windoz try this Resplendence Software - LatencyMon: suitability checker for real-time audio and other tasks ???

Ddude003 I don’t quite understand, do you recommend this application for users or the developer? If my device complies with AS system requirements, should I need this application?
Here is the description of the programme you recommend: LatencyMon checks if a system running Windows is suitable for processing real-time audio and other tasks.