How to uninstall Audirvana 3.5 on mac

I’m sure there must be a topic on this but I can’t find it. I’ve kept Audirvana 3.5 around just in case but I’m never going back to it from Origin. How do I uninstall Audirvana 3.5 from my mac (running sonoma)? Thanks.

try nektony cleaner & uninstaller and you are good to go!

Leave it there!!
not taking space like photoshop in your mac.

You’ll never know when you will have to use it, trust me :grinning:

If you don’t want to see it, drag it to the second page of your applications in the launcher.

To make a clean uninstall on macOS, you can use AppCleaner (AppCleaner). It’s a freeware, supported by donations, and can also be fetched through HomeBrew.

I don’t know if I am stating the obvious, but (since nobody mentioned it) the standard way to uninstall a program on a Mac is dragging the app to the recycle bin.

But as @RunHomeSlow said: Why uninstall it? It does hardly take up disk space and it also does not use any resources (RAM, CPU) when it is not running. I am predominantly a Windows user myself and still have Audirvana 3.5 installed (next to Origin and Foobar) on my dedicated ‘music-NUC’ as a fallback. Better safe than sorry.

the standard way left junk (files) behind to completely uninstall an app, is vital to use an app uninstaller

Yes, you are right for completely cleaning all the junk files. But since the OP asked for ‘how to uninstall a program on a Mac’ (and no-one mentioned it) I added the most common (standard/official way) for completeness (with the risk of being ‘Captain Obvious’) :wink:

1 Like

Sometimes Captain Obvious is the best when “Captain Knowseverything and in reality knows nothing” comes in. :stuck_out_tongue: hehehehe

@RunHomeSlow , in addition to this, previously gave a fairly complete disk cleanup.

1 Like

You are correct, dragging the app to the trash and emptying the trash will remove the app. The plist file and database are small files and are only accessed when the now deleted app was opened.

If you are concerned about the amount of space occupied by these files then installing an app cleaner will use up as much if not more space than the remnant plist and database. If removing every last trace of Audirvana 3.5 is essential to the OP then following @RunHomeSlow advise is best.

2 Likes

Free removing apps s*ck big time.

Even Adobe cant remove all them crappy installed soft everywhere on your macOS…

1 Like

i totally agree freewares remove only mirror of the files.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have battled with my OCD and decided to leave Audirvana 3.5 on my computers.

Well done! Admire your self control. My OCD would have demanded a total erase of my system and rebuilding from a clean install of the OS up… On a positive note I am now so skilled at this it only takes just over an hour!

@Djm1960,

My condolences. You’ve got it bad and that ain’t good.

1 Like