Internet Radio URL play

Audirvana studio is Audirvana?

You have the advert to upload here? :grinning:

This is the June 2021 edition, just been delivered yesterday

Funny that it have a different letter on the second « a », but look really like Audirvana :grinning:
New version coming?

Edit: just saw the website on the ad…

Yes it’s really confusing, what I don’t understand is why would they put out an advert in the press about a new version but not mention anything about it on the website or even the Facebook page.
Be interesting to see what Damien has to say about it but unfortunately there’s been no update from him since January :thinking:

I think you just spoiled the surprise :grinning:

Well I sincerely hope the surprise will appear, as having forked out for the supposedly NEW software, I now feel a bit cheated that it’s not actually available!!

Quick update,
It would appear we might all be in for a little surprise in the next 2 weeks, so keep all your fingers & toes crossed :crossed_fingers: and keep an eye out on the website :sunglasses:

I don’t always like surprises… :wink:
That said, I have a suspicion that this might be one that could make a lot of Audirvana users very happy - even if it should cost us all about £65.
I’m not currently too fussed about radio via Audirvana (though I’m sure I’ll use it from time to time if it’s implemented), but I’m keen to see what else will be included in a new version.
My main personal wish is for a more stable remote implementation, and for an ability to sort Qobuz favourites according to genre and more personal preferences (including, ideally, user-named and sorted folders).
But that’s just me, of course… :slightly_smiling_face:

Still hoping for shuffle by album.

Just hope the ‘upgrade’ will be free for those who already have a license :flushed:

May 9th looking good :blush: check out the Audirvana Facebook page!!

I wouldn’t hold your breath on that…
The last major update was in 2019 (Audirvana 3.5), and this looks like a serious revamp/rewrite - it even has a fancy new name.
Historically, a discount has been given to current users for major new versions. That’s what I’d think is likely to happen again this time.

1 Like

So, it is likely that one would need to switch to studio to have Internet radios… sad. I will stay with my s****y Play-Fi, it is not as sleek as Audirvana but it is free (and mostly working). While I understand the advantages of subscription-based software for developer, it most often sucks for us users :money_mouth_face:

Interesting that you have to ‘pay’ to listen to ‘free’ internet radio

Why are you surprised, TuneIn is 10 bucks a month? You’re paying for the curated list of radio stations.

A version of Tunein is 10 bucks a month…a free version is available which I’ve been using for 10+ years offers the same stations etc.

Curated lists of radio stations can also be found free all over the internet. No need to recreate the wheel, just copy what you want to a file and done. Besides most people already have their favorite stations, so your curated list probably won’t satisfy everyone’s individual tastes in music.

Still, at the end of the day, you are paying to listen to ‘free’ internet radio. The ‘providers’ of the stations offer the stations for anyone to listen too free of charge.

Free…another interesting side note, Roon also uses lots of ‘free’ open source products to make their software work. Looking at the big picture one would see John-Doe working on something he loves using his own time and knowledge and providing it for free to everyone, like Ralph did for Squeezelite for example, and Company “X” comes along and uses that for their product to make a profit.

Then there is all the ‘free’ support and ‘free’ plugins users provide to Roon customers…interesting indeed.