Issues with H590

sorry. I don’t get it. when i play music wirelessly, I use Audirvana. When I play with with a cable, I use Tidal directly. I never have issues with Tidal.

Connect the computer on which you run Audirvana via USB to the Hegel. See if it works that way.

What type of “Cable” are you referring to ?

USB cable.

If he said usb I missed it , he referred to port. Sorry about that.
I’m just making sure he wasn’t inputting via 3.5 jack when using Tidal

Jacob has a Hegel that works great with usb, perhaps he will chime in

Sorry, my mistake. I also don’t know to which cable he was referring to. I assume it was Ethernet cable. I was referring to the USB cable.

1 Like

No major problems with USB and network with a Hegel Röst for me. This with local files and Qobuz. With network, there are some limitations in user-friendliness, so I almost always use USB.

There are occasional small hiccups if the buffer is too large or too small. Below 2GB and above 4GB, there are sometimes some small hiccups. Just under 4GB has been rockstable for a few years now. The Röst is not a 590 so no guarantee, but a Hegel and Audirvana can work well.

1 Like

you told me to download Audirvana Studio. Now it won’t quit and I can’t turn off my computer for the night. What awful software you have. I tried uninstalling AS. did not help.

Have you tried the suggestion in this thread to connect to your Device in USB and try to play to it aver USB in Studio instead of UPNP?

i connected my Mac using USB to Hegel. No stopping issues. What does that tell me exactly? I did not use Studio but regular Audirvana. thanks

It looks like a UPnP related issue. You can try to change the RAW PCM setting to see if that makes any difference.

1 Like

If it is practical and convenient USB is most likely to be the best most efficient and reliable way to feed your amplifier. If you want to try Ethernet/UPNP please follow bitracers advice on setting for pcm raw.

Best of luck, your getting it sorted fine

sorry, how do I do that? thanks

sorry, how do i change RAW PCM setting?
thanks

When you have selected the UPnP from the Hegel you should have this option. I think this is only in Studio.

Earlier you talked about playing wirelessly via Audirvana. What exactly does this setup look like? Could this be a limiting factor?

thanks, Jacob. I am trying not to use Studio. Indeed, I did not find the option you mention in the regular A.

Can you still exclude the wireless part by using Audirvana with network cabling?

i did try to use it with a cable and that way I don’t have the stopping issue. It plays continually as it should. thanks

1 Like

The way Audirvana works uses a lot of bandwidth. It pulls a stream from Tidal. Decode this stream to Raw PCM and forward it to the streamer. This all has to be done over the WiFi connection. If this connection is stable and has sufficient bandwidth, this is not a problem.

1 Like

He’s licensed with 3.5 not AS , So your advice is certainly the best way to get a good result.

1 Like