Last.fm scrobling

Thank you for your replay. Unfortunately I have no idea how to install it…

Anyway… new version, still no Last.fm support…

1 Like

It’s complicated if you don’t know how to install python apps from the terminal, but you can investigate by following the instructions and I can help you if you ask.

With the launch of the new Audirvana Studio, It was mentioned in the livestream that the subscription model means more user requested features can be added. This thread is almost two years old. Could we see lastfm support coming in the near future?
@Antoine

3 Likes

Roon has scrobbling.
Hopefully they can add this feature soon so I have more reasons to remain with AS.

2 Likes

I managed to scrobble my Audirvana/Audirvana Studios plays by using a script that does

• copy the sqlite database (so far I managed not to destroy it!)
  • use a python api sqlite with the following sql script

sql = “”" select ARTISTS.name as artist, ALBUMS.title as album,TRACKS.year, TRACKS.title, date(TRACKS.last_played_date) as date, time(TRACKS.last_played_date) as time, last_played_date
from TRACKS, ALBUMS, ALBUMS_ARTISTS, ARTISTS
where ALBUMS.album_id = TRACKS.album_id and ALBUMS_ARTISTS.album_id = ALBUMS.album_id and ALBUMS_ARTISTS.artist_id = ARTISTS.artist_id
and round(last_played_date,4) > round("""+lastScrobble+""",4)
order by last_played_date asc “”"

• the lastScrobble is a date/time in Julian format (or a unix timestamp, can’t remember ^^) , and I store it in a file to scrobble only since last scrobble
  • use the pylast Python API (https://github.com/pylast/pylast) to upload the scrobbles

Disclaimer: it works on MY Mac, with Python 3.8 or 3.9 with Catalina. I used a plist to launch it every 15 minutes.
Disclaimer 2: it is inspired by https://github.com/sprtm/audirvana-scrobbler, but it’s my python code. And I suck in Python (i’m a java/c# guy ^^)

If there is interest I can upload the source code to Github…

Published here: https://github.com/nantoine555/audirvana-scrobbler-py

• BACKUP YOUR DATA
  • NOT TESTED ON WINDOWS
  • NOT TESTED ON ANOTHER MAC
  • I WON’T PROVIDE 24x7 SUPPORT :wink:

Do not complain if it destroys your database. I’m making a copy from the mac NVME disk to another ssd before reading the data, and so far no problem, but, sh*t happens, and if you are not at ease with computers, scripts and programming this thing may not be for you.

And it’s, of course, not supported by Damien or the fine people working at Audirvana.

Thanks Mate,
I’m pretty confident in python so I should hopefully get it working with Windows if it already doesn’t. Python’s meant to be cross-platform but sometimes the libraries aren’t.

Hello Gabe. It depends on pylast. I believe it is platform agnostic, but not tested :slight_smile:

I joined Last.fm in 2007!

I would love to see Last.fm scrobbling on Audirvana.

A.

3 Likes

It works. But the script ‘audirvana-scrobbler.sh’ must look like this:

in line 42, 53 must be “Audiravana Studio” NOT “AUDIRVANA”

i’d need help on a windows installation I think

I linked to your posting in the Last.fm FAQ “More ways to scrobble” to include Audirvana there:

The new support forum is hosted on Discourse, not Get Satisfaction anymore which I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Maybe this thread should not be marked as “solved”, as there is no official scrobbling support yet?

Hey guys! i’m a new user and i’m testing this app, and the only feature that i’m missing is last.fm scrobbling! would be nice to have!

1 Like

I’ve been using Roon for the last 6 months and keep checking the Audirvana forums to see if it’s finally been added. I really love the sound quality of audirvana compared to Roon but no last.fm is a deal breaker as I need to use it in the music communities I run.

Since this issue hasn’t been solved, should I open a new topic instead?

1 Like

Hello @Gabe, first of all, this is not an “issue” but a suggestion made by users so please do not create a duplicate of it.

And I can guarantee you that we will work on this, we had to prioritize things last month but It’s on our list of features we will add in Audirvāna Studio :wink:

4 Likes

My prayers are heard. Audirvana is the best playback software, it has the best sound. And this is the last feature I want. Then Audirvana is perfect (at least to me)

1 Like

Hey @Antoine. Any news on that topic? Will it be implemented in Audirvana Origin too?

Thank you!

1 Like

I have forked an old script to make it work in Audirvana Origin. You can find the installation and configuration instructions here, although if you are an inexperienced script user it will be quite difficult:

All the best.

1 Like