Loud POPs when using Windows version/ MacOS version does not POP at all

See picture attached…

@philgo01 Is this the DX3 Pro? I have the same, and noticed the same.

I have the Topping D50s…

My experience is:

1. Windows Audirvana pop’s when starting any DSD track after full stop… using ASIO driver.
  2. Windows Audirvana does not pop when using WASAPI but it does not handle DSD512 natively. It plays at some PCM level
  3. Mac version of Audirvana (only runs in WASAPI mode ?) does not pop at all and plays DSD512 as PCM, just like ‘2’ above.
  4. Foobar2000 (Windows10) using Topping ASIO drivers do not pop at all.

Is this your experience ?

In the audio output settings in Audirvana, can you deactivate the option “Use large ASIO buffer” and try to reproduce the issue your have?

Still pops. I even toggled the Mute During Rate Change on and off… No difference.

See picture.

If I have a track already playing (AAC, MP3, FLAC), then switch to DSD file, it plays with no introductory pop. If I start with the DSD file, it pops every time.

Mine is the DX3 Pro. Hope that info helps!

Well… when I am already playing non DSD (PCM) track and it continues naturally (without pressing stop button) to a DSD, then no pop. But if I am playing any track and press STOP then play DSD, it pops. It also pops when I start playing DSD upon startup.

I would be curious if you have this experience. Mine will POP every time going to a DSD track only when a full stop is initiated or upon startup of the application and DSD track is first track I played.

I have the same issues with my UD501 (from TEAC).
But NO POPS with the “Teac HR audio player V1.0.0.21” for Windows with ASIO USB DRIVER.
NO POPS with Foobar2000 with ASIO USB DRIVER
In my opinion the problem comes from Audirvana only.
I contacted the staff since version 1.3.8. The answer has always been “driver design problem”
That a brand may have driver coding problems, why not, but that this problem occurs on several manufacturers is surprising
(text written with google translate)

Indeed… and using Foobar2000 with same ASIO driver, no pops at all.

@Antoine

Just double checking to make sure you saw my response that it still pops turning off USE LARGE ASIO BUFFER. The MUTE during SampleRate Change made no difference as it pop’d regardless if this flag was on or off.

What’s next ?

I have the same experience using OPPO 205 dac. It would seem the problem is more widespread.

Good news if I dare say.
Thé more users there are who express themselves, The better it will be for a solution to be found by the staff.

As far as I am concerned, and from what I have been told by the staff … if it was the driver that was in question it would mean that all the models in the TEAC UD5XX range would have the same concerns (including the last UD505) since they all use the same driver

(Written with Google translater)

I might add that until recently there was also a problem with DSD playback/conversion whereby every second track had its channels swapped over. I Used to believe that it was Qobuz at fault but I was able to replicate it from stored files. This occurred when allowing an album to play through automatically. If different tracks were selected manually it did not occur. That problem appears to be resolved now without any input from me! If gapless playback engaged (ie no space between tracks as in some classical music) there was also a slight ‘clunk’ remiscent of the issue mentioned in this thread.

@Antoine

Haven’t heard from you for almost 6 days and my trial period is about to end… What is the resolution ? Looks like you are working on another case with similar pop-ing issue during DSD playback that you responded to yesterday ? I would appreciate some resolution. Thanks.

Hello @philgo01, sorry to not coming back to your earlier. When you made your test with foobar, have you tried both foo_dsd_asio and your Topping USB Audio Device?

Hi @Antoine… Please see Foobar screenshots attached from May 20th. I think it shows I am using Topping’s Drivers

Can you check your ASIO settings while you are playing a music in foobar?

Playing music now. No pops. Here are “screen shots” of ASIO settings

Do you have access to the topping USB Audio Device? I ask you this because its the one i would like to see

I assume you mean to look at Topping USB Audio Device Control Panel? See attached. These pics are taken WHILE playing DSD512 music… I am also enclosing picture of the device itself… Hopefully, these are what you want.