Loud POPs when using Windows version/ MacOS version does not POP at all

Still have nasty noises, like bangs in my main stereo. This crap might kill my Lowther drivers.

What DAC are you using?

I’m using a Topping D90 and no longer fear for my eardrums with Studio - both ASIO and Kernel Streaming do not elicit that nasty pop.

I take it back - ASIO definitely still elicits that nasty pop.

Kernel Streaming and Wasapi do not but neither can play DSD512. So we’re back where we started.

Sorry about that.

I am using a T+A DAC8 DSD. They sound more like the system/PC going out of control. Nasty strong noises going through speakers. I have to turn off Audirvana.
I am familiar with the 2 pops when starting a song or in the middle of one. Different beasts. Just got 2 pops right now typing… Jeeze. You are right, bad with Asio. Not as bad with the other stuff. Never had any issue with Roon or JRiver

No issues with foobar2000, HQPlayer, or USB Audio Player Pro either (as detailed above).

It’s obviously not a problem with ASIO itself but how ASIO is integrated with Audirvana…which, for me, only rears its ugly head with my Topping D90.

That’s a bummer… I think I can live with DSD128 tops as frankly, I can’t tell the difference between the different DSD levels… So WASAPI it is for no pops when playing DSD and PCM on back to back tracks…