macOS 10.15 "Catalina": Audirvana 3.5.12 fully compatible

Dear Audirvana 3.5 users,

Your Audirvana 3.5 is already ready for macOS 10.15 Catalina!

I’ve just released 3.5.12 that brings complete compatibility with the upcoming macOS 10.15.

You get the same great experience with Catalina as with Mojave, including:

• Synchronising with Apple Music app library
  • Dropping tracks or albums from Apple Music app library
  • Even the old legacy iTunes integrated mode still works with the new Apple Music app!

Enjoy your music!

Damien

Bonjour Damien,

Savez-vous si le “audio kernel extension” est toujours patchable pour conserver le “direct mode” ?

Merci pour tout :mrgreen:

Oui, le kext d’El Capitan marche toujours

Direct modeが使えない。
完全な互換性は有りません。
Catarina以前はIOAudio Family.kextを
入れ替えると使えたがCatarinaでは不可でした。
解決出来ますか?

@Damien thanks for the info but does anyone really need an upgrade so one can have access to 50000 emojis??
i will stick to my tried and true OS el capitan which gives me everything you mentioned above except the new apple music app which all audiophiles should flush down the toilet
my legacy itunes library with integrated mode still works perfectly fine
bobbmd

I don’t use iTunes or now Music in Catalina… Why have an asshole between your perfect music player and you… Just for AirDrop between my Mac mini with no screen and my iMac, Catalina or those OS before, makes it more enjoyable than el capitan. Sound wise is the same for me…

If it is perfect for you, don’t change :grinning:

Hello, Damien

When Audirvana starts up, the message “Audirvana needs your authorization to control Music” appears and follows the instructions, but Audirvana is not found in the list of Automation in Privacy.

The usage environment is macOS 10.15 Japanese.

Thank you for your advice.

Hello,
Which version of Audirvana do you have?
The latest is 3.5.23. If needing to update, you can use the “Check for updates…” command of the Start Menu

Damien

Hello, Damien

Thank you for the advice.

When I updated it as I received massage, it started.

Set update check frequency to Daily.

Thank you.

Damien, I have the latest audirvana and I installed Catalina on my MacBook pro but now I get an error
When I try to log in into the Audirvana app. Error is error opening library file. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Where is your library database file (the file AudirvanaPlusDatabasev2.sqlite)?
Had you changed its location?

Damien, When I updated to Catalina I lost my location on Music in iTunes. I talked to a senior adviser and was able to get it back. My music now can play from my external hard drive thru Music on iTunes. I CAN NOT turn on my Audirvana app. I get the error message I noted previously. Because of this I can not check where my music lies in Audirvana. Is there a way to start over? New Key and new download. Thanks!

The root cause must be the same as for your music in iTunes: the location of the database file has been lost.
The best way is to try to move the database file back into a known and safe location (on an internal drive):

1. Copy the database file from your NAS to ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana
    To access ~/Library with the Finder, you can use its Go menu while pressing the option (or alt) key. This reveals the Library command in this Go menu.
  2. Delete the preferences file. This will reset the path to the library to its default location (the one above)
    For this, enter in Terminal application the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

1. Start Audirvana
    Please note you’ll be asked for your license key when you’ll relaunch Audirvana for the first time after this.

Direct mode is STILL not active on Catalina which prevents us from using bit perfect streaming. It could be enabled on Mojave. Is there a way to enable it on Catalina?

Bonjour, Damien,
je viens d’installer la version d’essai d’Audirvana sur mon Mac Book Pro sous Catalina, et le logiciel plante systématiquement après quelques secondes. Impossible de faire quoi que ce soit.
Pouvez-vous m’aider?
Merci!
Christophe

Try to upgrade to the latest version from within the app.

hi, Bitracer,
Thanx for you reply.
I cannot do anything from the App : it quits immediately after a few seconds.

Christophe

I tried to reinstall it many times, it still doesn’t want to work… what to do ?

Try trashing your preferences…

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System… When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there,
just do a ‘‘cmd J’’ to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom… click Show Library Folder and then you’ll have access to the rest forever.

Close Audirvana if it is open :slight_smile:

Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Preferences…
trash com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus.plist and com.audirvana.Audirvana.plist in that folder if there is or the two.

Restart MAC. Restart Audirvana.

Thank you for your help !
So i did what you said and indeed it seems to work, only if i don’t define the Audirvana library in my external hard drive. I did that first and it crashed again. So what i did instead is to synchronise the library with the Music folder (which is in the external hard drive). Let’s see if it goes on like that.
Thanx again !