Missing or greyed out sampling rates

1536kHz is double the 768kHz sample-rate if you were to use ‘power of 2’ up-sampling… The DoP1.1 PCM carrier sample-rate for DSD512 (22.6 MHz) = 1411.2kHz
The USB bus controller will be the limiting factor…

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

No changes here. Oh well.

It’s not a critical issue for me.

What USB cable are you using?

you saw my email (here)… what happen when you play my file? it is converted to pcm?

The one that came with the iFi, as it has a special connector on the iFi side of the cable.

1 Like

I believe it is played as PCM. With the two DSD albums in iso format, AS shows them as DSD 64.

yes pcm because you can’t see the option in audirvana to chose DSD over PCM 1.1
really strange that this pref is not there maybe @Antoine will see that and answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

When the DAC is selected as the output device in Audio MIDI Setup what sample-rates do you see available?

You are upsampling in the picture! turn that off and try again

No difference sadly.

Open the up-sampling window and show us what the settings are when you normally play files… what were the sample-rates showing in Audio MIDI Setup?

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-03 om 22.28.21

My default AS upsampling settings.

Something is wrong with this DAC… Contact iFi Audio… If it is supporting 768kHz you will see it here…

put your Mac sound in the Mac speaker not your DAC…

Copied straight from iFi’s own site of my DAC. It supports a max of 384 kHz.

he is right i think (@Agoldnear) to play dsd256 it as to be able to play pcm 768
mine stop at dsd128 and max at pcm384

1 Like

native DSD files will not be up-sampled.… So if the .dsf file is not broken (which it can be, if ripped improperly) the DAC should be playing the file… It appears that it is being modulated to 352.8kHz because this is the DoP PCM carrier sample-rate for DSD128… You would need a carrier sample-rate 705.6kHz for DoP transfer of DSD256

RunHomeSlow sent me another DSD file. A 128 one this time. And that one plays correctly.

1 Like

It makes sense after you showed the max PCM sample-rate of the DAC… :wink:
You can up-sample (modulate) all PCMxxx files to DSD128 with r8Brain

1 Like

I must say DSD files sound really nice on my, quite, budget setup. So I consider this test to be a success. :smile:

Thanks guys for all the help :+1:

1 Like