Missing or greyed out sampling rates

You can leave the up-sampling settings operational… When you play DSDxxx the up-sampling is bypassed, so no need to go in and switch it on or off… :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Set your up-sampling type “to DSD”
Try these settings for r8Brain:

You probably don’t need to reduce the volume -2dB… I do this to match output level with the native DSDxxx (D0P) playback levels that don’t get up-sampled (modulated) on my DAC/HPA system…

1 Like

Ok, kept the volume at -3 dB. And I’ve set the other settings as you’ve suggested :smiley:

1 Like

At any rate. Past 11 pm here. Time to get some ZZZzzzZZZ. Going to do some more listening tomorrow.

1 Like

HQPlayer can do PCM1536 and DSD2048, emmLabs DACs do upsampling to DSD1024.
AFAIK, Linn Organik, Chord DACs and Mola Mola Tambaqui do also internal upsampling to something like DSD2048.

Matt

1 Like

Hi guys, for Ifi devices the DoP setting is automatically hided as it is enabled by default when you connect a iFi device to Audirvāna. You wont be able to play DSD 256 with this device on a MacOS device, you will need to use a Windows device withe the ASIO driver form IFi to do this.

2 Likes

This is because the macOS does not support raw native DSDxxx transmission… Yes? … DSDxxx transmission on macOS is strictly enabled by DoP and this DAC does not support the PCM carrier sample-rate needed for DoP transmission of DSD256… Yes?

I’ve only just noticed the colour change! I’m so observant…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.