Newbie having trouble

I hear you on that mister :+1:t2:

New DAC with a usb b connection? Isn’t that a contradictory statement? :wink:
Talk about back to the future :joy: Now you must spew forth the details :money_mouth_face:
Is that enough emoji for today?

Vintage manners are fashionable.
They are a reminder of the old good days.

1 Like

You need a couple of these mate (bi-amped, naturally):

Although get too close and it’s likely to take a layer or two of skin off :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

https://www.nataudio.com/products/vacuum-tube-power-amplifiers/item/26-magma.html

3 Likes

This is the AM radio station I lived close to in Buena Park California, you could hear it bleed into the telephone ( twisted pair ) once you cleared the dial tone, clearly like music on hold clear. 50,000 watts RF

That’s pretty

I suppose we shall have to wait until tomorrow for the unveiling of the new DAC…………okay without pictures it’s only a rumor

looks cool, but my speakers need at least 500w just to warm them up…

1 Like

I love Chord DAC’s mate (blasphemy to some on here I know, but the Mojo 2 really is something to behold, or is that behear?), and was contemplating the Qutest (I think @ScottieA has one and rates it).
Unfortunately I need to pass the front speaker outputs from my AV amp through the DAC and the Chord doesn’t offer this facility (I’m now, writing this, hoping this is the case). So I plumped for a good-old tried and tested Cyrus. Pre2 Dac QXR.

The fact that it’s now EOL and about £500 (or a monkey, as we say in the east end) cheaper than 2 weeks ago certainly helped. :+1:
Also the fact that it’s almost identical to my existing Cyrus DAC/Streamer will assist in integrating it onto the hi-fi rack (ie the wife won’t notice) :wink: :joy: :joy:

That’s also 4-4 in the emoji stakes.

2 Likes

I couldn’t have ever guessed that you would pick Cyrus :joy::flushed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::wink::rofl:
You could get a 6 pack of those over the DAVE and have enough change left for a couple pints :beer: Bravo well done!

As long as it’s not made at the old Lucas or Smith’s factory you’ll be fine.

I’ll let you know if it’s ‘well done’ after Mrs Ironz has been turning it on/off for a couple of weeks :rofl:

Nice piece of kit.

1 Like

Harmony remote control with macros for your Mrs would be a treat, all that monkey you saved. I’m happy to help you spend it mate😉

Mine is a lifesaver, especially when out of town. Turns it all on and off in any order changes inputs etc with delays if needed………

Just tell her that the audio gear should never have been turned off.
For a good sound, all the devices should remain on 24/7.

Can’t argue with that @Cloclo :+1:
However, as my old and new unit look similar I’m just hoping that she doesn’t actually notice the fact the DAC is different :joy:

1 Like

Do you think that she won’t notice that the sound was improved with the new DAC?

1 Like

Mate, had one of these back in the day:

And then one of these:

The Nevo in particular was a fantastic bit of kit, although didn’t fair too well when it collided with my (then) TV screen.
The price you pay for supporting West Ham :rofl: :rofl:

Who do you think you are, Hercule Poirot :rofl: :rofl:
My friend, she thinks the Alexa in the kitchen sounds great. I’ve absolutely no worries :+1:

senses a ‘famous last words’ moment

3 Likes

You’re going to have to explain the birds n bees of how Cyrus products seem to magically procreate………

1 Like

Old unit out. New one in.
Mission Imp…well, not too difficult really :crossed_fingers:
Am also thinking about changing the prescription for her glasses though. Any advantage… :rofl:

2 Likes