No DSD option with V3.5 with PS Audio DirectStream DAC

Genius! That [using DSD over PCM 1.1] worked! Now playing the very same DSD128 track as before, the D10 is showing 5.64 DSD!

Why I didn’t I try that before I don’t know… in fact I thought I had, but apparently not!

Anyway, if you know, can you share what the difference is? Why does this work?

THANKS!!!

1 Like

for me 1.0 was ok for dsd64 and 128, read in the past for mac 1.1 was for new dac that can do 256. Glad you got it work in the end… Happy Music :slight_smile:

Have you tried the other option DoP 1.1?

Sorry, didn’t notice the last part of the thread.

https://dsd-guide.com/dop-open-standard#.XdcZQSUo8lQ

same problem here with my Encore mDSD … when i use dop 1.1 or 1.0 i cannot hear the dsf … excepted if the volume is at maximum !!! id the volume is reduced the music plays at 5% volume …
in version 3 5 25 it did not work at all …
we need a complete manual of this part of the software. PLEASE

i think in Audirvana for playing DSD files, volume must be set at max… 0.0dB
then you play with your preamp or dac volume…

Soz for jumping in…just adding two pennies worth…

Def need vol at 100% for dsd. I had early frustrations as vol slider would look at 100% but needed another pixel nudge. Also mac os limits you to a pcm path and dop takes double the effort so halves the dsd contained. As already stated that’s the only downside - it’s still dsd from the dac perspective. I abandoned the direct connection and now have an ultrarendu in front of my Borooklyn Dac+. This effectively removes the mac os limitation. I can play native dsd256 (max for the dac) using my 2012 mac mini.

Hello!
please tell me, will the output always be stereo?
those. 5.1 there will be no sound?

I’m looking at audirvana again and when I try to use my ps audio ds dac, I get the same issues that others are having. If you look at the audirvana settings screen for the ds dac, it states no dsd and no mqa. When using Roon, I have no issues using either of those. I also use the bridge ii’s Ethernet and get garbled sound. I am working with audirvana support on this but this tells me it’s an audirvana issue and not a ps audio issue since Roon works fine

I could be but … Roon uses RAAT protocol and Audirvana uses UPNP, then could be a ps audio UPNP issue …
I’m on macOS and have three upnp devices (SOtM SMS-200 and raspberry pi4/GentooPlayer) and they all work flawlessly, but if you are on Windows it could be a Windows/Audirvana UPNP issue.
Are you on macOS (some details on your Mac ?) or Windows ( some details on your pc setup?)?

… or if you are using USB you should try to play dsd as DoP (1.0 or 1.1)
… you can check these threads

I’m using a Mac server running Roon or audirvana 3.5. Going directly to the bridge II ethernet port because in my testing, it is far superior to usb and I don’t like any server/pc/Mac in my audio room. For audirvana I’m pointing to the same Roon music files or streaming Tidal.
Another thing, with audirvana, I can’t communicate with any of my Apple TV’s that I use as endpoints with Roon. I can see them, but when I click on an Apple TV device, the music plays from the servers speakers.

There is no checkbox in my Audirvana DSD over PCM (screenshot)! Why? What should I do?

Hello @Andrew1,

Have you installed a driver from iFi for MacOs?

@Antoine I don’t recall IFI having any drivers for macOS. Most IFI products like the micro idsd, micro idsd BL, that native dsd option is missing in the 3.5 versions of audirvana. But available on the older 3.2 versions.

@Andrew1 did you manage to resolve the issue.