Playlist Import not work in 3.5

I have many playlist M3U files from Audirvana 3.2 that cannot be imported to my Audirvana 3.5.13
(MAC) library.
When I open the files from finder and choose Audirvana 3.5 to open, the playlist will be going to queueing list/songs, so the M3U files are fine. The same files could also be imported in ver. 3.2.
Exporting playlist works in ver. 3.5 but importing does not work eventhough for M3U files exported from 3.5 library.

Any help to fix the bug will be appreciated.

Regards,

1 Like

Sorry, topic moves to MAC support…

Where is this MAC support ?

Bonjour Damien,

I have Audirvana 3.5.20 on my Mac mini with a clean install. I can not import my playlists from Audirvana 3.5.19. On the other hand, if I take the m3u file produced by Audirvana 3.5.19 and I slip it on the icon of Audirvana 3.5.20,Audirvana is able to open the file. I see all my tracks, but it seems impossible to create a playlist in a play queue. Am I right? Can you please help Me? Thank you!

I am having the same issue. Using Audirvana 3.5.24 on a Mac Mini OSX 10.11 El Capitan.

My media is located on a NAS.

Has this issue been solved?

Same issue for me on 3.5.24 for Mac

A post was split to a new topic: Windows 10 - Playlist Import not work 3.5

You may use MusConv Tool to manage or import/export all your playlists.

Audirvana is TOTALLLY USELESS when it comes to importing playlists. There have been hundreds of posts complaining about this, ant they do absolutely nothing. I lost my music HDD in a move. I had an exact copy, including the playlist library on another HDD as a backup. When I plugged this in, none of the playlists loaded. When I complained to Audirvana they told me to use the workaround suggested by community members of exporting each playlist, then renaming them and re-importing them. When I tried this, only 2 playlists worked. The rest would not import. I think it is disgusting that we can’t make backup discs, and that their workarounds don’t work. I also think it is disgusting that Audirvana rely on the community to solve system problems instead of solving them themselves and producing management software that actually works. I am looking for a better music playing system, and I suggest the rest of the community does likewise, instead of wasting their time trying to solve Audirvana’s problems for them

You are reacting to a problem from 3 years ago. The import of playlists in Audirvana Origin and Audirvana Studio is fine. Maybe some years ago there where some issues with playlists, but nof anymore for a long while now. Also the ‘hundreds’ (I believe it are 5 or 6) of posts you are referring to are all from a long time ago.
The only recent problem about this was from someone who moved his library to another disc and wanted to change this in his playlists. That was not a specific Audirvana problem.

As said, the current versions of Audirvana are fine with playlists. Maybe you are using an old (legacy) version of Audirvana?

Checked my version. It says “You are up to date. 3.5.30 is the latest version”
I would not be complaining if there was “no problem”. I can’t load backed up playlists.
The tech at Audirvana thought there was a problem. He offered me a workaround which didn’t work.

Yes you have the latest version of Audirvana 3.5. But Audirvana 3.5 is an old legacy version and officially not supported anymore.
The newer versions of Audirvana (Audirvana Origin and Audirvana Studio) do not have those playlist problems.

That is what I was trying to tell you.

Andy,
Thanks for that. It is really helpful. I will investigate the new versions.
However, I can’t believe how Audirvana operate. I am REALLY ANNOYED. I have been an Audirvana user since 2016. My system is set up to update to the latest version automatically. I also manually check periodically that I have the latest version. The check today said “You’re up to date. Audirvana 3.5.50 is currently the newest version available.”
This patently rubbish. It should have told me that this version is no longer supported, and there are two newer versions out.
I am taking this up with them.
Regards.

OK Here we go again. I installed Audirvana Origin. Exactly the same problem as Audirvana Plus - playlists there but all blank, and won’t import individually. Total waste of time. Have pulled Origin, and will soon pull Audirvana Plus.