Playlist won't skip to next track

While playing Tidal playlist and pressing “next track” button it just starts playing same track from the beginning but speaker icon moves to the next one on the list , same happens if I chose play icon of different track on the playlist , quite often freezes Linn DS and I have to reboot the player. No problems when I leave it alone , it moves from one track when finishes playing to next one on the playlist .

I missed up terminology a bit , obviously all above happens within the play queue
Another issue , is there a way to add another playlist to the play queue while playing , it seems I need to stop playback to do so

Hello @mac,

can you make some screenshot so we can better help you?

@Antoine
here is what happens , after I add one of the Tidal created playlists everything seems to be fine I press “play all” and Audirvana starts with first track :

Then I press skip to next track arrow on the bottom of the screen and Audirvana shows that next track is playing :

but as could be seen on next image my Linn Akurate DS started playing first track again as shown in Linn App , Audirvana shows playing second track:

now if I let this track to finish , second track is repeated one more time

if I press skip to next track again ,same thing happens , it means plays same track again or sometimes freezes and I have to reboot streamer , sometimes randomly goes from one track to another then freezes and I have white noise from speakers:

I have allocated around 3GB for tracks preload

Do you have a display on your Linn to see the track currently playing?

Yes , it matches with Linn App and sound from the speakers

If you don’t have the Linn App opened, does it display the proper track being played?

It’s exactly the same and if I press “skip to next track” couple times DS freezes and needs rebooting ,
I haven’t mentioned one thing , my laptop is not hardwired to the network but uses 5G wifi , probably not something you want to hear but it works with Roon with no problem .
Probably I give it a miss for a time being and try again when I get a NUC ,

Can you send us your log file at support@audirvana.com?

It can be in two different locations :
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-[… id number that can vary]\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana
C:\Users[your login]\AppData\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana

I will send file in a minute , thank you for all the help

I confirm we received it, we will come back to you by mail to get further information if needed.

Thank you , yes e-mail would be perfect , have a good day

Hi Damien, I have the same issues with my linn streamers. Any ideas? Regards Richarf

Hello @Richard1 When you let the gapless do the work it works as it should but if you press Next button it doesn’t work properly?

No. I tried to listen without doing anything, after maybe 5 minutes it freezes. I had to turn the he power off of my klimax each time to start it again. Same with changing the songs, the album or using next button.

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

can I send it via email? I cannot respond to your email.this forum is not private, right? or aren’t there any personal or critical informations in the debug info?

There is no critical or personal info in the debug info, we would not ask you for your debug info if it was the case.

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.43 (3573)
macOS 11.1.0 with 8192MB RAM

Die Testversion verwendet eine Demo-Lizenz

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 0 folders
iTunes/Music library synchronization: not synchronized
Library database path: /Users/richardschmitz/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
Qobuz: Connected as Qobuz Studio
TIDAL: Connected as HIFI

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 6172MB

Local Audio Engine:
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Enabled

Preferred device:
Linn Wohnzimmer:UPnP AV
Model UID:Linn Products Ltd Linn Wohnzimmer:UPnP AV
UID:uuid:4c494e4e-0026-0f21-ebe5-013650180171

Active Sample Rate: 48kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: 0.5s
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x52 MacBook Pro Lautsprecher Manufacturer:Apple Inc.
Model UID:Speaker UID:BuiltInSpeakerDevice

4 available sample rates up to 96000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 15 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Unhandled
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x53 2 channels starting at 1
4 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

4 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 2
Device #0: ID 0x52 MacBook Pro Lautsprecher Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: Speaker UID: BuiltInSpeakerDevice
Device #1: ID 0x30 Linn Songcast Manufacturer: Linn Products Ltd Model UID: uk_co_linn_songcast:Linn Songcast UID: uk_co_linn_songcast_audioengine:0

UPnP devices found : 1
Device #0: ID 0x0 Linn Sneaky DSM:UPnP AV UID: uuid:4c494e4e-0026-0f21-d216-013258400171 Location: http://192.168.178.24:55178/4c494e4e-0026-0f21-d216-013258400171/Upnp/device.xml

Can you send it again while you have your Linn Sneaky DSM selected in Audirvana?