Qobuz login error on Audirvana 3.5

J’ai chargé 3.5.50 de 2 facons differentes sur mon Imac / High sierra

sur la 1ere page de Audirvana Community
a partir de la page anciennes licences de My account

dans les 2 cas lorsque je rentre la licence (apres verification sur my account) le message suivant apparait
“il n’y a pas de licence valide pour continuer l’initialisation”
on me propose soit de quitter, soit d’acheter…

Send a mail to support@audirvana.com
Or maybe @Antoine will read this tomorrow. They will sort that out for you.

@Antoine Thank you, unfortunately, time to move on.

Bonjour,
J’ai le même problème : une impossibilité à me connecter sur Quobuz via un Macbook avec El Capitan et Audirvana 3.5.50.
Merci de nous donner une solution à ce problème.
Cordialement,
Bruno

Mon problème de licence est résolu
Après message à Antoine.

Reste le souci de connexion avec El Capitan

1 Like

Hello
Qobuz connection impossible since few weeks
Below the setup
Could you please advice
Thanks ahead

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.50 (3580)

macOS 10.11.6 with 4096MB RAM

Licence enregistrée pour Bernard Hauser

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:

Globally: OFF

Per track: OFF

Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:

SoX not in use

Sox filter parameters

Bandwidth at OdB = 92.3157

Filter max length = 26124

Anti-allasing = 96.1191

What vintage is your Mac?
Can you upgrade to a newer OS?

Matt

idem, avec El Capitan. Autrement, les accès à Qobuz fonctionnent (Web, iPad, iPhone…)

Same issue I reported from day 1 and based on Antoine answer and the fact that my mac can not handle any OS past El Capitan, I decided to move on and my mac will be collecting dust. Too bad but it is time to move to a streamer with built in it’s own interface app like Bluesound, Wiim, Innuos etc. Now I realized why many people prefer streamers over computers.

IMHO, the question is not Mac vs streamer more new Mac vs old Mac.

Matt

@matt Maybe, it’s too late now for me personally. I started this thread and I thank all who contributed and shared their experience and solutions.

1 Like

Hi cOm3,
this is proving quite a challenge for me. I think I’m good until your point 3 when I get lost:

Since I don’t know what was meant by ‘first character’ and ‘tab to autocomplete’ I continued with the sudo command. It went through and then the password was prompted for. No success. I got this report.

I don’t know how to interpret that. I’ll have another go tomorrow which will probably fall through because I’m obviously out of my depth here. I’m resisting upgrading to H Sierra because as you rightly pointed out, El Cap is the latest OSX that allows for integer mode.
Anyway, thanks for trying to help.
best,
Boris

Hi @S.Magus

I think it’s a syntax issue in your script (maybe a misplaced carriage return or something like that). I will send you tomorrow my script file version.

Regards
c0m3

Hi @c0m3,

Thank you very much for sharing your findings on this. :muscle:

If I understand correctly, the main requirement for doing this procedure is having a Mac that can run the High Sierra or more recent version of MacOS, right?

:uk: Those experiencing login issues need to install an updated Root Certificate. Please send me a private message on the forum to receive the link and install the certificate.

:fr: Les personnes qui rencontrent des problèmes de connexion doivent installer un certificat racine mis à jour. Veuillez m’envoyer un message privé sur le forum pour recevoir le lien et installer le certificat.

Direct mode is also possible with High Sierra. There is a ‘hack’ for this that you must perform according to a step-by-step plan. Choice between certificates or core audio hacking. :wink:

Funnily enough, I have 140 certificates and none of them is expired! The first one in line to expire is good till 18th December this year. So does that mean that with me the reason I can’t log in to Q is not expired certificates but something else?

Hi @Antoine,

The main requirement is to update OS root certificates. But this action require to be secured. Normally, these comme with OS updates (OS updates are themselves secured). Since there is no OS update for El Capitan including updated certificates, we have to find another mean to get updated certificates. One secure way is to have a physical access to a newer Mac. Sending root certificates through web or mail is generally not safe.

Regards,
C0m3

Hi @S.Magus,

Good point.
Unfortunately, I didn’t check the expiration date on my certificate on El Capitan before I updated them. So I couldn’t check on my side.

What I know : the Qobuz certificate for the website is valide until November, 4 2024 :
Capture d’écran 2023-11-11 à 15.08.32

The former one probably expired November 4 2023… And the API probably use the same certificate…

The root certificate used to sign this new Qobuz certificate is USERTrust RSA Certification Authority.
On Ventura this root certificat exists, maybe not on El Capitan ?
Capture d’écran 2023-11-11 à 15.10.59

Regards,
c0m3

1 Like

Bonjour,

Maintenant cela marche : tuto à suivre.