R8brain cuts off song before it ends

Now I am getting cut-offs at the START of tracks when I start Audirvana and a weird noise after I click “Next Track”.

I am giving up for a while.

Maybe this is the problem…? It’s stuck on “Loading”.

Screenshot 2022-12-08 at 2.29.05 PM

It’s about the plug-ins and sample-rate changes… most likely due to system RAM and not using an external storage device for your library… You are probably hearing a “pop” when the sample-rate changes back to the maximum PCMxxx sample-rate you have selected, when the track stops… Try increasing the sample-rate change latency… and mute during sample-rate changes…
I found that upsampling to DSD128 when using two processing intensive plug-ins would cause stutters at the beginning of playback…Make sure you are using the new Audio Units plug-in API… My MacBook Pro is a 2.7GHz quad-core i7

This will display when the player is stopped…

It’s running right now and it still says “Loading”.

I’ve just turned on the new AU API.

Okay… I wasn’t sure… because I just look at the pre-load progress bar moving to tell me it is loading buffer memory and how far ahead of the playback it is…

@ADAlvarez … can you post a screen-shot of your USB bus hierarchy from the System Report in “About my Mac”? Your D70s should be at the top of the USB bus hierarchy…
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

It is :slight_smile:

PS – So far, so good, with the new AU API setting on.

SPOKE TOO SOON! Just had a skip with the AU API on.

why your iPhone is on the same usb3 bus ? change it let the DAC alone

Those are two separate USBs in the back of the Mac Mini M1.

that is not what the picture says i may be wrong… you want it alone there change the iphone connection to another…

you have to 3 and 2 3.1 usb slot? when you post picture drag down the window to see the rest

me i’m the other camp for the buffer… if you have 16gb ram, put it at 12000… Audirvana default settings for 16gb would be 13.313 if i remember. You want it to load faster in memory… not loading, loading, loading while playing… load fast play alone after not always buffering while upsampling… my 2 cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just had another skip.

Here’s the whole USB tree. And thank you for your assistance :slight_smile:

maybe 4000 is good for people on streaming services or with just 8gb of ram
, i don’t stream :slight_smile:

my dac is usb 2.0 but old a bit… yours is 3.0? if not try to put it in the usb 2

I just turned off all the AUs.

again, this thread is because you love BETTER while upsampling with 2 plugins and having trouble :slight_smile: or you never tried bit perfect with your 2 plugins with no upsamopling and just listening to music with no bug? :slight_smile:

my DAc is 32/384 and DSD128… Origin or Audirvana always have difficulties or my DAc to upsampled at max 352 or384… but always play perfect at DSD128… but opposed to HQPlayer, Audirvana use much more ressource on my MacMini… processor works harder than with HQPlayer…

but i always use Origin bitperfect now… just troubles with meta tagging and gui :slight_smile: