R8brain cuts off song before it ends

The USB 2s are in the monitor and the OWC Thunderbolt Hub. The USB 3.1 that is empty is in an external Thunderbolt backup drive.

plugins off what happened? you prefer the plugins or upsampling?

I prefer how it sounds with all the doodads. Right now, I have it without plugins and r8brain at my original settings.

cutting at the end is strange, more than skipping while playing or having ticks…
seems it not finished buffering while playing reach where the track is now?

you see the purple line going while buffering and playing through the grey line…
do they seems to reach each other?

Supper’s ready (not Genesis) :slight_smile:
have to go for now…

1 Like

It stops playing before it reaches the end and it starts the next track on the queue.

What is this… ?

@ADAlvarez @ADAlvarezWhat you don’t want …especially when the Library is stored on the system drive, is constant interrupts from data requests from the buffer controller… It is best to pre-load a large buffer that will reduce the number of transfer requests on the system drive bus controller.

@ADAlvarez Are you using a USB 3.0 cable to the D70s or using an adapter? I see the D70s does not have a USB 3.0 female input connector…
Do you have the D70s current firmware version V1.3 installed?
:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

My job uses Microsoft Teams and I work from home.

– The USB cable that came with the D70s attached to a AudioQuest Jitterbug USB Filter that goes into the Mac Mini M1’s USB slot .

– I am checking.

OK! The manual says nothing about how to check its current firmware and Topping’s website does not have a PDF manual for the D70s. Also, the download firmware update has this instruction:

", Connect the product to your PC and turn on.

2, Run the exe file of this folder."

There is no .exe file in the folder. This is supposedly a Mac update. It DOES have a .bin file, but nothing can open it.

https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/505158.html

here you have also the mac download… i don’t have that DAc but that download is not really clear or easy :slight_smile: you should call them for be more easy… this update is from april 2021… maybe you don’t need it

usually you put that download on a usb stick formatted as fat32 or exfat if more modern…
but can’t help you here

you should just plug you dac to mac… no upsampling, no plug ins… restart mac restart audirvana and see if it all play good

then, if you like your plug ins, put them in audirvana, restart mac, restart audivana if it all play to last well…

THEN, try with upsampling on… and see… if buggy, try again with firmware or buffer…
but… my advise reverse from upsampling, use your plugins like i have one for bass little boost… no upsampling, no bugs on playing… happy on that side :slight_smile:

That’s the one I downloaded. I don’t play MQA so I don’t need it.

I will do a restart after I listen to a gapless Grace Jones album and see if I also have a cutoff without upsampling but the one essential plugin.

Welp, I restarted it, kept it to one Audio Unit, and went back to r8brain upsampling. It cutoff the ending of a track, again.

I am giving up,

Does every track stop before the end or is it random?
Are the files you are playing, purchased files or ripped from CD’s that you own(ed) ?
How long is your USB connection to the DAC?
Have you tried removing the Jitterbug and using just the USB 2.0 cable from the MacMini?

:notes: :eye: :headphones: :eye: :notes:

– Random
– Both (I suppose as I can’t remember in some cases)
– It’s a short cable (maybe 1.5 ft long)
– I did and I still got a skip.

I am down to no upsampling and I have not heard a skip, yet, with a DJ mix album. It’s a bitch to not use upsampling with Audirvana because I can’t easily skip to the next song or to another part of the track like I can with iTunes; it doesn’t pre-load the track into buffer with no upsampling.

See? Barely any pre-loading.

I found this solution so I am trying it: