Regression on 1.7?

Try to set minimum SMB level to SMB2. That’s what I use on Synology and it works perfectly.

This, unfortunately, I can’t as I still have other devices that require SMB1.
But, I checked the connection messages on the NAS side and my Mac that hosts Audirvana uses SMB3 to connect, as permitted by the NAS.
So, I don’t think the problem is on the SMB version. By the way, when I try to copy large files using the finder from/to the NAS, that is rather efficient.
Problem is more on Audirvana side I guess. I dream to have instrumented code to understand what is happening during the sync process…

Hmmm, that could be an issue. Try to set it temporarily and test, at least to confirm that it’s not the issue related to the SMB level.

I already tried and did not see any improvement. Because if you put SMB3 as the maximum level, and the SMB client and server agree to use that version, it does not really matter what you put as a minimum level.
Do you know some tool that could track what the app is doing when apparently waiting for something? I managed to watch some activity on files from my Network share by looking at the list of open files in the Activity Monitor by clicking on Audirvana: it actually browsed through the files but at a very slow pace when the CPU is almost idle (20% for Audirvana). That’s a bit weird…

I had issues with Synology when I upgraded to Catalina. The max level was already SMB3, but the min level default is SMB1. Once I changed to min level to SMB2 it was resolved.

It’s weird that it’s so slow. On my system it’s very fast.

I am not seeing the local album count displayed in 1.7.

Besides not showing the album count, there is no pop up displaying the move of an album to a playlist.

Ok, that maybe deserves another try.
On my side, it can be pretty fast when I copy new files on the network share while AS is up and running. But if I manually start a sync process, on both A3.5 and AS, it takes at least 6 hours to complete, while the CPU load is low.
I made a disk scan on my Mac: nothing to report. Network speed between Mac and the NAS are “normal” and quite fast.

Update 1.7.0. removed the Album/Tracks counter. I relied on them to report to my supervisor at work.

Yes, confirmed. I relied on this to watch the synchronisation process, which is sometimes unreliable.

Same problem for me.

OK, I tried again and I observed the same behaviour: low CPU usage and slow browsing through the library.
I changed the SMB parameter to have SMB2 as a minimum, and SMB3 as maximum, and SMB3 was selected by the MAC and the NAS.
So, it does not appear that SMB is the culprit here…

Hello everyone,

This is indeed a regression as it was here in the last update of Studio. We are sorry for this inconvenience and are already working on this to make it available again in the next update of Studio.

@TheCat and @patifr , do you still get a crash with Studio or not anymore?

A crash on my side, last night at 01:40, affecting thread 68 and triggering an exception EXC_GUARD.

I think that was meant for me, and yes I do. Same symptoms as patifr.

@patifr and @the_bat can you both send your complete crash report at support@audirvana.com?

For your information when you take a look at the crash, you will see this:

This is the thread where the crash happen, this thread is in the complete crash report, which is why we need the whole crash report. With it we can identify where the issue come from and fix it.

OK, I sent two crash reports affecting Threads 65 and 68.

As did I for slightly different threads

Happens every time using AS,
afther a few tracks.