Remote cannot find computer after latest update

Ok, can you please clear the cache of your App before trying to connect again. Here is how to do this:

I cleared the Audirvana cache on my phone and tablet.

I tried to connect Remote but unfortunately it was the same again - “No computer was recognized”.

I also tried the trick that worked before the update - resetting the laptop network adapter before trying to connect Remote. But that didn’t work either.

Hi Team,
I have exactly the same problem since I updated to 2.5.0 yesterday. No way to get the remote app working.
A

I have the same problem.

I can’t get the client app on either my android phone or IPad to connect to either my laptop or - since last night - my dedicated music pc, regardless of whether the firewall is switched on or off. Seems to be since I updated Studio to its latest version. Also tried resetting the router but that has made no difference.

Hi @bdbtbb,

Have you also tried those steps?

• Make sure that the battery saver option is disabled for the app.

• 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network can cause some trouble on some router, should try to deactivate one or another to see if you still have your issue:
    2.4 vs 5 Ghz WiFi - #5 by DAT

• Check your connection property: In Settings > Network & Internet > Check connection properties, make sure your Network profile is set to Private.

Hello Antoine

Thanks for your support on this.

Battery saver has always been disabled for the app.
I have never had a problem in the past using either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz - in fact I have been switching between them all the time using my adapter reset trick to get the Remote app to work up till now. I have tried both settings since the latest update with no success. Let me know if there is something specific you want me to do on this.
Network profile is set to Private.

Thanks again.

Hi, same problem here with 2.5.0 and 2.5.1 versions.
Then I go back to 2.4 version and the Remote App works fine again.

My APP just updated. Now Audirvana is not recognized on any device.

Running remote app on Samsung Android A4 tablet and/or Samsung S10 phone. Audirvana Origin 2.5.0 running on PC with Windows 10. I found several entries for Origin in the firewall rules so I deleted all the inbound and outbound rules. There were more inbound rules than outbound rules. Restart Origin and checked firewall rules. There were 2 inbound rules, but no outbound rules. I then deleted all the firewall rules for Origin, uninstalled Origin from the PC, reinstalled it. Launching Origin installs 2 inbound rules and 1 outbound rule. Remote still doesn’t work. Delete all firewall rules and restart Origin. Two inbound firewall rules installed and no outbound.

I’ve tried running the app on the Android devices with the version of the app downloaded from the Google Play store today. It goes automatically to the screen that says “No computer was…”. I’ve “Forced Stop” the app and cleared both the cache and data from the app. Try again no luck.

This problem started when I updated Origin on the PC to 2.5.0. Prior to updating the majority of the time, the Android app would say it couldn’t find the computer, but then eventually it would. Annoying, but at least it worked. The behavior now is such that there is no noticeable time between when the app is launched and the “No computer was…” is displayed. It’s almost like the app isn’t even looking for the PC.

The PC is setup to run Origin on a Private network. The PC and Android devices are on the same 5G wi-fi network. I have tried to connect with Remote with the firewall on the PC private network set to OFF and still no success.

Need to have Remote. Back to Origin version 2.4.0.

1 Like

Hi Team,
Could you share a direct link to the 2.4 appxbundle (Windows in my case) so, while the issue is fixed, we can revert back to the previous version (I don’t use the Store, I can install it from Powershell).
Thanks!

See Antoines recent post on the 2.5.1 memory leak You will find a download link for 2.4.0 (windows) in his post.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

We did an update today, can you check if you still have this remote connection issue with the 2.5.2?

Thank you for the update.
However, the problem still hasn’t fixed at all.

1 Like

x2

1 Like

Same problem here after the update, also tried to disable the “Private” profile firewall setting, same issue.

Thanks Audirvana for getting the update out in such timely fashion, such responsiveness!

Unfortunately, as already highlighted, the issue with Remote connectivity remains. My observations:

Started 2.4.0 as usual and went to advanced firewall settings and deleted the Audirvana rules that already exist in both the Inbound and Outbound Rules. Went back to Audirvana and to account setting and checked for updates. When the update started, a message popped up saying Windows firewall is preventing the Remote application. . . to work". Clicked on the “Open Windows Firewall Settings” button. The Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security window popped up with the error message “There was an error opening the Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security snap-in”. Closed the window and opened the firewall settings by clicking on “Advanced settings”. Clicked on “Inbound Rules” and found 2 rules for Audirvana. Clicked on “Outbound Rules” and there were no rules for Audirvana. Ran Remote from Android tablet and cannot find computer. Forced stopped Remote, cleared cache and deleted data. Ran Remote, still can’t find computer.

Unistalled 2.5.2. Went to Advanced Firewall Settings and deleted rules for Audirvana. Install 2.4.0. Remote works.

I just updated Audirvana Studio and now once again I’m having problems with the remote app, it just won’t connect. I already erased all the permissions, created new ones did all the previews recommended fixes and nothing.

Here’s my debug info:
Audirvana Studio 2.5.2 (20502)

Windows 10 (19045) with 16GB physical RAM

Connected account of : Diego Celorio Abundis

NETWORK
Available network interfaces:
Totalplay-5G-90f8 ({17f4418d-0d04-4f07-b993-3f0d4331eaca}) is private
Windows Defender Firewall status for this instance of Audirvana Studio
Private profile:
Firewall: enabled
Inbound: allowed
Outbound: allowed
Public profile:
Firewall: enabled
Inbound: blocked
Outbound: allowed

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
r8brain not in use
r8brain filter parameters
Bandwidth = 99.5%
Stop band attenuation 218dB
Phase linear

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: by album
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 1 folders
Manual: (OFFLINE) D:\Music
Library database path: C:\Users\diego\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9684-d80dbb7827cd_q3nymrkmej12j\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\Audirvana\AudirvanaDatabase.sqlite

Local audio files fingerprinting
Tracks with no MBID: 9237

Remote Control server:
Listening on on port 64212

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
TIDAL: Connected as HIFI

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

Active method: Local

Max. memory for audio buffers: 3996MB

Local Audio Engine: KernelStreaming

Preferred device:
Speakers (Yggdrasil+)
Model UID:USB\VID_30BE&PID_1006&REV_0100&MI_00
UID:\?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{2877ff56-7516-46ff-9d8d-73bd371e6b5a}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: 192kHz
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
Manufacturer: Realtek
Model name: Intel High Definition Audio
Model UID: INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0294&SUBSYS_10431452&REV_1000
UID: \?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{a3b54aba-87b8-4c5e-9592-bb735ca86448}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}
Kernel Streaming capable

6 available sample rates up to 192000Hz

Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: No
Max volume alert: Enabled

MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: Yes
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Unhandled

Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:0 R:1
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: No

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 44.1kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 48kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 88.2kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 88.2kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 96kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 176.4kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 24bit little endian aligned high in 32bit chunk 176.4kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 192kHz
2 ch Integer PCM 16bit little endian 192kHz

Local devices found : 1
Device #0: Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
Manufacturer: Realtek
Model UID: INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0294&SUBSYS_10431452&REV_1000
UID: \?\SWD#MMDEVAPI#{0.0.0.00000000}.{a3b54aba-87b8-4c5e-9592-bb735ca86448}#{e6327cad-dcec-4949-ae8a-991e976a79d2}
Model name: Intel High Definition Audio

UPnP

UPnP devices found : 1
Device #0: Moptainment
UID: uuid:23456789-1234-1010-8000-F84E17256572
Manufacturer: Sony Corporation
Model name: MediaRenderer

Chromecast

Chromecast devices found : 1
Device #0: Moptainment
ID: DnsSd#BRAVIA-4K-VH2-5bc40fae32bec3d429099a9b214d4ea9._googlecast._tcp.local#0
Model name: BRAVIA 4K VH2

Hi Folks,
My setup. A micro PC (Windows 10) with Studio and remote on Android. Been happily working for ages. Suddenly, remote cannot connect. Been through all the firewall stuff and router resets. Even with firewall off it still cant connect.
I now have to use a laptop to RDC to the windows machine which is annoying.

Any clues as to troubleshooting this? Was all good then just stopped one night.

Thanks

Perhaps the problem is a bug that has persisted since version 2.5.0.
Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to wait for an update.

More information can be found in the “Remote cannot find computer after latest update” topic.

1 Like