Shuffle Library

Hi everyone

Is there a way of shuffling the library other than creating a playlist and doing that inside the playlist. Would be a nice feature as in Roon where you can shuffle the entire library including streaming, I know we want everything great sound and every feature :slight_smile:

cheers

Dennis

As things stand, enabling the Shuffle button in the player or the remote will shuffle the individual songs in the play queue. I have long wanted/asked for some means of shuffling by album so that the all of the songs in the album you have in queue play through before going on to another album. Perhaps there will be some new functionality in the upcoming Remote update.

I am looking for that, too. Audirvana needs an options like “Play/Shuffle Library” or “Play Random Album”, “Shuffle Album”. Please think about it!

1 Like

Whether there is an opportunity to transfer the corrected library from my Imac to the second computer on my Mac Mini which I want to use as the musical server. Files are stored on an external hard disk?

One more vote for shuffle play. Separate shuffle for play queue and for whole library would be even nicer.

2 Likes

Shuffle for whole library would be GREAT!

2 Likes

You can…

Create a Smart Playlist with + sign

Then right click that new playlist and rename it to Shuffle or anything you want…

Right Click that playlist in the bar to edit it… add a criteria
I choose File Location… Begins with… MUSIC (you put your music folder name)

Choose to see that playlist in Tracks mode

Now all your songs are in the Playlist…
Click any song in the playlist… try a short one if you wanna see if it works :wink:
then when started you can click the Shuffle mode in the transport play at the bottom of window…
it will play all of them in shuffle…

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Will try ist out.

Hurray, it works! Except that I can‘t save the playlist.

Great advice, thanks!

Hello,
there is 2 menus where you can export any playlist… you don’t see them ?

I don’t know why but I can’t export the playlist!

Hello @Sailor, can you make a screenshot of the option available when you want to export a playlist in your Audirvana?

I just choose tracks. I have just over 5k songs in my library. I just start playing one of the tracks and make sure the shuffle option is highlighted. It will then shuffle all 5k tracks. You can see in the screen shot my 5k tracks and that shuffle is highlighted. I then use my phone to skip songs.

1 Like

Yes, I’m also advocating for a random playback extended to the whole library, it would save me from interrupting my work to choose a new album each time and it bores me to fill up playlists. Is it coming soon?

Also, the procedure described above of creating a smart list from file locations doesn’t work for me, the list remains empty while I do a good drag and drop from my album locations as a selection criterion. I can’t export this empty list either, I choose the desktop and nothing happens! Is it because I’m still in version 2?

1 Like

Hello @Etyel,

When you are in the Track view as @Keith_Lebeau was, Audirvana will load your whole library in the play queue, you then need to press the Shuffle et voilà! You now have your whole library shuffled that will play.

For the smart playlist you created that doesn’t display a track, can you make a screenshot of the settings you put in it?

Yes, of course, the screenshot does not allow you to see it, but the criterion contains the path to the files. If I put “Music”, it doesn’t work and if I change the criterion to “is” or “contains” for example, it doesn’t work either.

Is it because @Keith_Lebeau is in version 3 that I can’t do my shuffle playlist ?

Hello @Etyel,

It’s not related to the version of Audirvana, can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message

Hello !

Here it is :slight_smile:

Audirvana Plus rev. 3701 debug information:
running on Mac OS X 10.14.6 with 32768MB RAM

User preferences:
Remote control: IR: off, Media Keys: on (with volume control: on)

Playlists
Use UTF-8 for all: on
Start playback at launch with audio file: on

Volume knob control in rotation axis

Sample rate converter
iZotope 64bit SRC with no forced upsampling
Polarity inversion: global=off, per track=on

Volume control
DAC only
Max volume limit = 100.0%

AudioUnits not in use

SysOptimizer enabled:
Priority: Very High
Spotlight: on
TimeMachine: on
iDevices USB: on

iTunes settings:
iTunes integrated Mode: off
Completely deactivate iTunes playback: on
iTunes volume control: active
iTunes play position control: active
iTunes safe factor: 1

Library settings:
Sync list : 1 folders
Auto: /Volumes/Applications/Users/etienne/Musique/iTunes Music/Music
Database path: /Users/etienne/Library/Application Support/Audirvana
iTunes Synchronization: inactive

Audio settings:
Hog Mode: on
Direct Mode: off
Integer Mode: on Mode 1
Max Mem for audio buffers: 29696MB
Max Sample rate limit: None
Sample rate switching latency: None

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Active Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Hog Mode is off
Devices found : 5

List of devices:
Device #0: ID 0x36 DisplayPort Manufacturer:Apple Inc. Model UID:AppleGFXHDA:0 UID:AppleGFXHDAEngineOutputDP:0:{D109-7950-00005445}
Device #1: ID 0x4c Sortie intégrée Manufacturer:Apple Inc. Model UID:AppleHDA:7 UID:AppleHDAEngineOutput:1F,3,0,1,2:0
Device #2: ID 0x43 Sortie ligne intégrée Manufacturer:Apple Inc. Model UID:AppleHDA:7 UID:AppleHDAEngineOutput:1F,3,0,1,3:1
Device #3: ID 0x3a Sortie ligne intégrée Manufacturer:Apple Inc. Model UID:AppleHDA:7 UID:AppleHDAEngineOutput:1F,3,0,1,4:2
Device #4: ID 0x32 Sortie numérique intégrée Manufacturer:Apple Inc. Model UID:AppleHDA:7 UID:AppleHDAEngineOutput:1F,3,0,1,5:3

Preferred device: Pioneer N-70A N-50A USB Audio Model UID:PioneerN70AN50AUSBAudioDevice:Pioneer N-70A N-50A USB Audio UID:PioneerN70AN50AUSBAudioEngine:PIONEER HOME ELECTRONICS:Pioneer N-70A N-50A USB Audio:14520000:1

Selected device:
ID 0x4c Sortie intégrée Manufacturer:Apple Inc.
Model UID:AppleHDA:7 UID:AppleHDAEngineOutput:1F,3,0,1,2:0

4 available sample rates up to 96000.0Hz

Audio buffer frame size : 14 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Physical (analog) volume control: No
Virtual (digital) volume control: Yes
DSD capability: DSD via PCM 1.0
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x4d 2 channels starting at 1
4 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @96.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @48.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @44.1kHz

16 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @96.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @48.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 24bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @44.1kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @96.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @48.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 20bits little endian Signed Integer aligned low in 32bit @44.1kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16bits little endian Signed Integer @96.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16bits little endian Signed Integer @88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16bits little endian Signed Integer @48.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 16bits little endian Signed Integer @44.1kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @96.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @48.0kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32bits little endian Float @44.1kHz