So how is Origin?

Blimey calm down :slight_smile:

Did I seem upset? I can assure you I was not :slight_smile:

4 Likes

OK cool… appreicate the passion though.

1 Like

I’m a new user who wanted to play more DSD files, and Audirvāna has worked great. I really miss the Composer field in the Library home page, however. Classical is a important to me and it would be a very useful. I hope it can be added, or perhaps that’s already possible and I missed it. Thank you for a reasonably priced player with great sound.

Is this what you are looking for?

1 Like

Quote: “The only difference being that Origin can only play local files. While Studio also gives access to Qobuz, Tidal, Podcasts and Internet radio.”

If I had known this I would not have signed up!! I just did and did not realise there was no internet radio, tidal or qobuz. I really don’t see why there is such as distinction between versions!!!

I am glad of the difference in version.

Just wrote to Audirvana and ask them to revoke your Origin license and give you a Studio license . I’m pretty sure they will accept because they will make much more money with you :grinning:

3 Likes

If I had known this I would not have signed up!!

Hi @swcng2001

I’m very sure that signing up for Studio or Origin that the choice of which one to buy/sign up for was clear.

Absolutely the only difference between the two was:

Studio streams and local library
Origin only local library.

Do what @RunHomeSlow says

Regards

Phil

1 Like

I think the biggest problem as evidenced by a lot of the technical support requests on this forum is that a lot of the users have extremely basic level of knowledge of computers and software. If there was a system similar to driver licence applications a lot would not be allowed to own a computer as they would never pass the test for a learners permit (how many times have users problems been solved after being told to switch everything off, wait 10 seconds and switch it back on… I rest my case).

I would hazard a guess that most users who do not have issues probably share some of the following traits in their computer habits;

1. Never install 2 versions of the same software on a computer, you are asking for trouble. Whilst it may work initially software updates of the newer or older version may well overwrite files of the older one and vice versa resulting in issues (sysoptimiser errors, duplicate library entries anyone?).

2. If it worked yesterday and it doesn’t today and no software updates have occurred then the problem almost certainly lies somewhere else (try switching everything off an on… etc etc).

3. If you rely on wireless as part of the chain…always suspect network performance as a source of the problem. Even if you lack any knowledge of this, switching it on and off re-sets the ram in your router (a router is of course just another computer with an os and app focussed solely on data packet movement around your system, performance, just like a computer left on, can degrade with time).

I could go on but you catch my drift… I cant remember the last time I had an issue with Audirvana Studio. It just works in my case. But then I only run one version on my Mac and whenever there is an .X update to macOS i tend to do a clean install to avoid any issues. On my mac with 40 or so third party applications it only takes an hour and I spend more time than that between software releases sitting on the toilet. Not a big deal…

1 Like

Hi @Djm1960

switch everything off, wait 10 seconds and switch it back on… I rest my case). everything off, wait 10 seconds and switch it back on… I rest my case).

That’s the first commandment of computer ownership I believe. It took me years to understand this first principle.

Phil

3 Likes

Origin was released because some users only listen to their own local collection of music. And they don’t stream.

So they didn’t want to pay for a subscription. Hence Origin is a single payment offering playing only local music.

1 Like

Hi @swcng2001,

Can you send a mail at support@audirvana.com with your Audirvāna account mail?

1 Like

Antoine,

Thanks for you taking the effort to respond. I am not sure how Audirvana support can help. I obviously made a mistake and did not realise what “local” meant with the Origin version.

Thanks again.

Stephen

They can transform your purchase into Studio subscription.

1 Like

Hi @swcng2001

They can transform your purchase into Studio subscription.

Duh!

As said earlier… by @Antoine

Hi @swcng2001,

Can you send a mail at support@audirvana.com with your Audirvāna account mail?

Regards

Phil