Solutions For Sluggish Scrolling?

Hello. I am having issues with my Audirvana trial similar to those described in this post:

I suspect the cause may be similar as well: large embedded JPEG art. In his reply, Antoine mentions looking at mikeypas’s database and noting the large image files. How can I do this myself, i.e., see a list of my artwork images and their sizes in my database? I am on a Mac Mini running OS Catalina and with an external music library connected via USB-C. I contacted Audirvana support on Wednesday 1 December but have yet to hear back. Thanks

there are softwares that can read database, i never check that…
you can type in google .sqlite reader…

if you don’t have that many albums, you can put your albums in the finder in list view
and see the weight of your covers… big task if you have 4000 albums :slight_smile:

but first, just restart you Mac…
open Audirvana and do the three steps in order for maintenance of your database…
then quit Audirvana. Then copy your database .sqlite file as a backup as defragmented .sqlite

See if it helps.

if you don’t have that many albums, you can put your albums in the finder in list view
and see the weight of your covers… big task if you have 4000 albums

I do not think I can do that, as this is an iTunes library and the covers are imbedded in the individual tracks. I will try the maintenance steps, thanks.

in Music app aka iTunes now on Monterey, and Big Sur and if you have lastest Catalina you can see your covers in this folder… just view it as list and click tab by size to see all your covers by the most weight…

On 3843 albums i only have 3 covers above 2mb :slight_smile:

Go to your Home folder… User… Your Name… Library… Containers…
com.apple.AMPArtworkAgent… Data… Documents… artworks…

and see :slight_smile:

1 Like