[SOLVED] Audirvana won't open after installing

Thanks Bob I will message Damien. I’m not getting faults. It just wont open. When uninstall
and try again I get the same thing. This is more trouble then it is worth

Thanks Bill

Bob where can the latest down load be found the one containing 3.4.917…919.
When down loading from your link I believe it stats it is 3.4 .0.
I retried again this morning…same result. messaged Damien, but no response.
thanks

Bill

billd–It looks like damien is now providing the download link to the official Audirvana 3.5 install, no more beta or release candidates. In the past I never had any luck trying to find legacy versions (ie 917, 918, 919), they’re off the grid I guess. Here’s the link to the full 3.5. I upgraded mine using the internal upgrade button and it’s been working normally. Not sure the status of your install but here it is. Maybe this will work for you:

https://audirvana.com/delivery/windows/index.html

It says beta but I went ahead and tried installing it over my full 3.5 and it said I already had Audirvana 3.5 installed so I think it’s the full 3.5.

Thanks Bob I’ll give it a go. Let you know how it turns out.

Yeah Bob. no luck. Tried reinstalling from the web site also. rebooted, etc.

Says 3.5 already installed still. won’t open.

billd

Sounds like it might be time to ask damien to remove your computer from the license database then you can just download the trial version and install a fresh program and activate with your current license. At least I think that’s how it works. I see that that happens from time to time when people have computer crashes (or get a too many installs error) and can’t revoke their licenses and need a fresh start after moving to a new PC or a reinstalled OS. Rather than go through the Event ID stuff and audirvana log request which may not show anything anyway since it won’t generate a log if the program isn’t opening–it didn’t in may case anyway. I am curious as to what your event viewer is showing after each attempt you make to open the program. It sounds exactly like my issue before he corrected it with the test .917 version that fixed it: ID’s 1026 and 1000. I can’t figure out how if you’re installing from the latest 3.5 build that has been fixed (presumably) you still get the “won’t open” issue. Anyway, hopefully he’ll eventually get back to you. Good luck!

1 Like

I have not checked the event file. I messaged Damien. No response so far.

Hi Bob, I still have had no response from damien. I messaged him several days ago

Do you know of any other methods to resolve these issues? Other ways to get service from Audiavana?

Have you tried to check if you see if it’s appearing in the task manager? After staring it, try pressing Alt+Space bar.

It doesn’t sound like a licensing issue. The interface should appear at least and give you the chance to enter the license. You may have to do a more thorough uninstall.

I will check task manger. I have uninstalled several times
Will try another down load

Thanks for responding. I’ll let you know how it goes

billd–I certainly feel your frustration.

I found a “Damien4” in this yearly posting log on the community site. Maybe that’s an alternate username for damien you might have more luck with.

https://community.audirvana.com/u?period=yearly

There’s also this site which you might not be aware of: audiophilestyle, which has an Audirvana for Windows thread. damien responds to queries sometimes here. You could try that too.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/43570-audirvana-plus-3-for-windows-official-thread/page/23/#comments

Thank Bob, I’ll give those a try

Hi @billd,

Sorry for the late response, I received your PM and i want to respond here :slight_smile:

As said earlier @BobSmith8901, which made a really constructive response, good job. :+1: You should look at your Event ID while you try running Audirvana because it’s the best way to give us a lot of information about what is going on in your PC. Don’t hesitate to reach me back here or PM me.

Checked event viewer when I start the app. Nothing shows up.
Watch task manager when trying to start the app., and It shows audiavana (2) for a few seconds (5) and then disappears.

billd–Did you ever get your program not opening issue resolved?

Hi Bob, No damien 3 has responded, and is requesting I forward files. So far no files exist where I have looked. He asked I try another area. I will do that later toady.
Thanks for asking

billd

Yeah, I was just thinking that if that doesn’t work, if it’s possible, he could just delete your computer(s) from the license database. You could then download the trial and install/activate a brand new good copy using your existing license. He seems to do that on occasion when someone gets the too many licenses message and can’t install on a legitimate second PC. Anyway, good luck, hope you can get things going!

Yes I was hoping he would do that. It worked the last time…If only for a few days.

Hi Bob, Just want to give you an update. damein3 has asked I search for files, log concerning the app. Tried several searches over the last week or so. None found.
Asked about a reinstall. Got no answer for that, just try more searches.
Have not heard from damein3 for 4 or 5 days now.
Will wait one more then call my credit card co. to get a refund.
Thanks for your help. Any other similar co. you may recommend?