SysOptimizer (Error 22) - After trying fix and reinstalling

Hi,

I have tried the fixes by going to Terminal. This didn’t work, so removed the file from the PrivilegedHelperTools, nothing was in LaunchDaemons when I came to remove. Shut down Mac and went into Audirvana and reinstalled the Sys Optimizer. This all worked fine, until I shut down and came back to it today. Played the first album fine, then subsequently when I press play it comes up with the error again.

Any ideas what I could try next?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello @kenbfc, are you using MacOS Big Sur?

yes I am Big Sur 11.2

Do you have the Time Machine option enabled? Can you deactivate it and try again?

I have the same issue sysoptimizer error 22. I also are using Big Sur 11.2
I have been in to the time machine and done what I can to disable it.

Must be a coincidence as there has been an update to Big Sur the latest version is 11.2.1 and now I don’t have the error.

Yes same, I did the update to 11.2.1 last night and the error has disappeared, so all good now. As an aside I have Time Machine, but do not have it activated. I only backup when I am going to so something major, so don’t think that was causing the issue. Thanks for responding though Damien, very much appreciated and thank you for all the great work you do on this amazing product :slight_smile:

I had the error on 2 machines with Big Sur 11.2 (1 intel and 1 M1). Just upgraded to 11.2.1 - so I’ll see.

Also have the same error, am on beta three. Have tried a million times.

Hello @kesen and @jadub,

Nope. I actually went and disabled each option, restarted and tried again, uninstalling and installing many times. I get the same prompt each time, but it fails with the same error message. When I take a look at the directories being referenced as well there is nothing in those paths pertaining to Audirvana. I took a look at the Application contents actually just to ensure that it’s actually there, but I’m not sure what’s going on.

Obviously in the package contents themselves SysOptimizerTool is there, does it make a difference If I manually place that In a directory or?

Can you check if you have a file related to Audirvana in this folder? /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

Yes, com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool is there now. But as soon as I go to press play on any song it will initiate the process to install SysOptimizer again and will fail.

Error Code: There was an error executing SysOptimizer. Not all optimizations may be done.

Error = The operation couldn’t be completed. (CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 4.)

Can you use the Terminal application and enter the following commands:

sudo chgrp wheel /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

sudo chmod 1755 /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools

Tried both of those and then tried to play a song again, same error.

" There was an error executing SysOptimizer. Not all optimizations may be done.

Error = The operation couldn’t be completed. (CFErrorDomainLaunchd error 4.)"

Okay, let’s try another thing, can you close Audirvana and do the three commands below in Terminal?
sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist
sudo rm /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool
sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist
After doing this, can you open Audirvana and play a track?

1 Like

From Console:

getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsVAME.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCFLGraphicsVAME: #2: No such file or directory
getattrlist failed for /Library/GPUBundles/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsVADriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelKBLGraphicsVADriver: #2: No such file or directory
com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: Coalition Cache Hit: app<application.com.audirvana.Audirvana.134781298.134781587(501)> [67857]

Now I’m getting this:

There was an error executing SysOptimizer. Not all optimizations may be done.

Error = The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error 22.)

This is not the folder path we sent to you that is reported here

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.audirvana.SysOptimizerTool.plist

Has this error been resolved yet?

It’s a real issue on a headless Mac Mini controlled by a A Remote on an iPad as there is no way to dismiss the error.

Hello @RJKFlyer,

Have you tried the different lines of code that we gave previously on this thread?