Tidal songs stop playing toward the end

Just signed up and although I love the high quality audio, I am experiencing a frustrating problem where every song I play stops approximately 90% of the way toward the end.

Hardware:
2020 MacBook Pro with 32 GB of RAM (OSX 10.15.5)
Audiolab 6000N Streamer

Debug Log
I would love to put the Debug log here, but I am getting an error message that says “Sorry, new users are only allowed to put 5 links in a post”, so here is a link to a text file with the error log.

Hello @artmatter, do you experience the same behavior when you use Tidal app?

Hi @Antoine, no I do not experience the same behavior when I use the Tidal app.

Also, I am experiencing the exact same problem using QoBuzz, the music abruptly stops randomly, but usually towards the end of the song.

I can see that you were listening to Pink Moon but your DAC do not have other tracks to play afterwards, do you have other tracks that should be played after this one?

So “Pink Moon” coincidentally was the song at the end of a playlist, but this happens for every song I play. So for example, on Tidal I searched for the album “Lust for Life” and then played track number 2 (Sixteen) and the same thing happens, the song stops abruptly.

Here is the same problem, but on Qobuzz where I searched for the album “Back in Black” and then played track number 7 (You Shook Me All Night Long) and again, the song stops with about 10 seconds left to go.

I had another costumer that has the same behavior with the same manufacturer when using UPnP. Have you already contacted Phorus about this issue? It’s seems that the NextTrack UPnP implementation for UPnP Media rendered has a bug in their DAC.

Hi @Antoine so I’m actually now more confused, because the device I’m streaming to is the Audiolab 3000N not the Phorus.

https://www.audiolab.co.uk/6000n/

I did notice that that in the debug log that the preferred device is listed as Model UID:Phorus

The DAC chip in my Audiolab 6000n is the ES9018 Sabre32 Reference.

Do you know why Phorus would be listed in my debug log?

Hello @artmatter,

Here is what i see in your debug info:

Selected device:
UPnP device at http://192.168.1.239:49153/description.xml
ID 0x0 UpFunk Manufacturer:Phorus
Model UID:Phorus UpFunk UID:uuid:3d62cbc4-32f8-4fbc-8618-e44cc7801d15

In the audio output selection in Audirvana you need to select your 6000n so I can see the settings linked to it.

Yes, this is what I have done every time. In this video, you will see me choose the Audio Output Selection:

And here is the debug info from that video.

For some reason the UID of Phorus is appearing, not the 6000N, the music does stream though.

So the 6000N is not recognize, this is why you can’t select it. Does the LED on your 6000N is bright white when you have Audirvana opened?

No, the LED is not bright white, it is solid red, but I am getting music. You can see this behavior here. Skip to 1:15 to see the music stop playing. Also, when I try to play a 25 second song, the music only only plays for 2 or 3 seconds and then stops.

Here is the error log from the above video:

Okay, can you reduce the maximum amount of RAM in Audirvana to 4000MB or 5000MB in the audio output settings ? (it’s in Audio Device Capability section)

I know why there is Phorus as manufacturer, I suppose Audiolab use their connectivity technology since they support DTS Play-Fi.

I brought the RAM down to 4032MB and it is the same problem.

Okay, can you also disable Integer mode and Exclusive Access in the settings?

Am I looking in the right place? I don’t see an option to change either of those settings.

@Antoine I’m still trying to locate how to disable Integer Mode and Exclusive Access, please see last video.

I have the same problem with my 6000N. Was there a resolution to this problem please?

Hello @Barkin_Yazicioglu,

Do you mean you can’t see it in Audirvana?

No, I can see it and it starts playing however before end of the song (both Tidal and files on NAS) it stops and playlist disappears. I was previously trying with Bluesound and all was fine but now got this Audiolab 6000N and this problem started.

Can you send me a copy of the “Debug Info”? You can get it in Audirvana Settings>General>Debug Info

Note: By clicking on the Debug Info button, Audirvana automatically copies all its content, all you have to do is paste it in response to this message