Unable to CONNECT to TIDAL from AUDIRVANA

thanks Andy, i sure hope it gets resolved soon. it has been going on for me for the past week already.

Hello, we are aware of an ongoing issue with Tidal connection on the 3.5 version of Audirvāna and we are taking a look at it.

We will report you back as soon as possible on the issue.

The last three days i have exactly the same problem with tidal login through Audirvana.

“Something went wrong. Please try again. If the error persists, contact customer support.”

The same problem at my side as well.

Hello everyone,

We have been in contact with Tidal today about a change they made on their side and they made a fix for it.

You should now be able to connect to your Tidal account on the 3.5 version of Audirvāna.

4 Likes

Thank you !!

Thanks a lot! Tidal works again!

@Antoine

For the past three -four weeks, unable to play music though Tidal via AV 3.5.50. I try to start a track, receive “Unable to load audio file”, and it jumps to the last track as if it has all been played. Quobuz and local library sides work fine, as does the tidal app.

Can you please help?

Antoine,

After restoring 3.5 operation with TIDAL, I find that today (6/22/2022) the same intermittent access problems have returned!

That is, some tracks load normally but other return various error messages and never play.

What would you suggest?

Dear Antoine
Please can you provide solution for access to Tidal tracks (mac version 3.5).
Date 8 July 2022
it is very frustrating - most tracks are not avaialble and cannot play

I’m still getting spotty Tidal playback. Getting either the “Unable to load” error or sometimes tracks will skip mid-track to the next one. Honestly, Tidal playback has been this way for at least six months. I emailed support months ago with no response. I’m running 3.5.50. It’s super frustrating. Sadly after years of loyal use and turning on loads of audiophile friends to Audirvana, I’m considering another front end. Sucks.

It’s time to start thinking about upgrading to Studio.

I’ve already spent ~$170 on the original license and several upgrades since the beginning which I don’t at all regret. But I do resent being blackmailed into additionally paying a subscription model for software I’ve already licensed just because some of the basic functionality of the non-Studio software is now breaking after less than a year. Plus from I’ve heard, there are still issues streaming from Tidal and/or Qobuz on Studio.

1 Like

I understand, but Audirvana can’t predict the changes to the Tidal API. This one is caused by one such change for which Audirvana team implemented a workaround in Studio.

I would advise you to try Studio and then you can decide if it makes sense for you to subscribe.

That makes sense re the Tidal API but while there are still so many customers still using the OG Audirvana, fixing one of the core functions in streaming ought to be a higher priority especially when it’s been broken for over 6 months. Especially when considering that this affects some of the longest, most loyal customers.

Since OG Audirvana works great for my local files, I see no reason to pay for Studio merely as a portal to a streaming service I already pay a monthly fee for. I do enjoy the better sound Audirvana gives to streamers but it still feels fundamentally wrong to have it removed (by way of it breaking, even if inadvertent) from the existing software only to charge separately for it in another incarnation if that is indeed the only solution.

Well 3.5 has been discontinued for over a year now. You have to draw the line somewhere.

For Tidal you can always use Tidal app, since you see Audirvana as merely a portal to Tidal content.

I’m on a Mac where v3.5.50 is the latest version. To clarify, Tidal works on my version but only sometimes. Some titles play fine, others give me the 'Unable to load…" error message. And the ones that do play are prone to abrupt jumps to the following track as if they’re not buffering completely. The Tidal performance is so spotty at this point that I just use the Tidal app for streaming and use Audirvana only for playing back my local files, which is a shame as I like the both the sound quality of Tidal via Audirvana as well as the convenience of having both of those sources controllable in a single app.

Disagree. It’s not like the company has shut their doors and plenty of people have reported the same Tidal issue. It ought to be addressed due to the previous reasons I’ve cited.

I use Audirvana primarily for local playback but also for Tidal. Probably a 65/35 split. I have been using the standalone Tidal app for Tidal for the past several months as a workaround but would prefer if Audirvana made good on their promise of working Tidal playback. It’s been long enough; It ought to have been addressed by now.

It worked while this version was actively maintained. It would have continued to work if Tidal didn’t mess it up. It might still work if Tidal makes good on the promise to roll back the changes they made as Antoine reported.

You’re suggesting two opposing notions: That Tidal would be working properly had OG Audirvana been continued to be maintained. Or that the fault lies with Tidal for messing it up. If it’s the former, that’s a bogus excuse with so many customers with paid licenses. If it’s the latter, I have sympathy for the Audirvana team as I’m sure it’s frustrating to have your hands tied by being bound to another company’s API.

Nevertheless, as a user with broken software, it’s a real bummer and borderline a dealbreaker. Unfortunately, I’ve come to rely on Audirvana as both a portal to my local music and well as Tidal. I use the software on a headless Mac, operated through the Audirvana remote. So while using the Tidal standalone app is a partial workaround, I’ve lost the ability to control it via remote which is definitely diminishing my overall experience.