Unable to CONNECT to TIDAL from AUDIRVANA

Even Studio was temporarily broken until Audirvana team implemented a workaround. That’s exactly what you pay for when subscribing to Studio plan.

If Tidal didn’t change anything in their API, the 3.5 would have continued to work. If Tidal rolls back the API changes it might work again. They communicated exactly that to Antoine.

With respect @bitracer, I’ve had a problem for the past 3-4 months with regard to Qobuz via Studio.
The response from Audirvana was that as they couldn’t reproduce my problem, it couldn’t be fixed.
Please remind me again exactly WHAT I paid my yearly subscription for, as the reason certainly wasn’t for me to end up paying (up front) for a piece of software which hasn’t functioned as it should for what will eventually be approximately half of the lifespan of my subscription.

They gave you an honest answer. If they can’t reproduce your issue how are they supposed to fix it? You can decide based on the support you got or didn’t get whether you want to continue subscribing or not. You can also pause your subscription until the issue you have is fixed. With software it’s often not just a question of good will.

The issue you’re having could be specific to your system or with subscription services, even region specific.

Never said their response wasn’t honest, and I’ve already paused my subscription.
However without access to the software after my subscription has been paused (end of July), how am I able to determine whether the problem has been fixed?
Do I just keep subscribing on a monthly basis until the software functions adequetely?

1 Like

After each new Audirvana release just unpause it briefly to check if it’s been fixed. Also consider trying it out on a different system.

1 Like

This is a ludicrous argument. One might also say that that’s exactly what you pay for when purchasing a license for the Audirvana software, period. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Agreed. I, too, listened to a full album last night with no problems. The day before that, not so much.

1 Like

Not really, they constantly need to keep up to date with API changes and sometimes even unannounced changes.

In normal circumstances when you release a piece of software you can reasonably expect it to work for a while with no additional effort other than bug fixing and implementation of new features.

Audirvāna definition of “pause “ is blatantly incorrect, bordering on dishonest it doesn’t hold your subscription in place/time. Your subscription time is still burning, so unpausing actually means charging you again for the privilege of being a paying beta tester………I spent my year waiting for fixes promised, why should people keep paying to be ignored, ghosted by this company?

If not for folks like @bitracer and @RunHomeSlow and others there is no support for beginners and such. No FAQ no stickies no tutorials.

This subscription scheme is a big letdown from the promises made at the beginning a year ago. I’ll be happy to test any “updates” but not on my dime for my time. Consider me “paused” probably permanently, I can only vote with my cancellation of funds. Audirvāna isn’t listening…….enjoy the music :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Exactly, keep paying along……….that’s a hard nope :-1: for me. I’ll get by with 3.5 for the little I need Audirvāna in my systems currently.

2 Likes

Stoping subscription if Audirvana doesn’t live up to your expectations is a fair game.

I try to help others because ultimately I like the product and I do it in my free time. Often while listening to music played using Audirvana.

It’s not a perfect product, but it’s pretty good. At least in my mind it’s worth supporting.

1 Like

I’ve been a big fan for years and turned lots of people on to it. It’s only in the past year or so that I’ve been disappointed in how things have been handled to the point where I can no longer recommend it in good conscience.

2 Likes

So better using it till a day before end of your month of subscription, France time i guess…

Pausing subscription is a pause button or padlock :grinning:. Sorry i’m on Origin :grinning:

@Jim_F , does that fit in your mind the definition of pause? I’m no English major and do not speak French but “pause” to me means that I won’t be using the product for a while, hold my spot as I’m out of reach perhaps traveling and will not be logging in. Semantics perhaps as we have figured out what “pause” means in Audirvāna speak. There is absolutely nothing to gain by using “pause” I’m only guessing that they are allergic to the proper word that is “CANCEL” my subscription from renewal. But given my shortcomings in language skills I’m not sure :wink:

Best luck Jim👍🏻

:joy: should have a big ass cancel button but “pause” is much more ambiguous, baffle you with bull shite. Just like the stop button :stop_button: deal stubborn as a donkey with a rash, they’re not listening to the customer, tone deaf.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I paused my subscription a month or so ago, but am still able to use Studio:

I guess that the ‘pause’ is to stop automatic renewal at the end of the existing subscription, and not to pause the softwares functionality.

So my question to @Antoine is, should I decide to update to the latest version after my subscription has expired, will I automatically be charged for a single months sub or is there a period of grace available to check the new version and establish if it’s working as it should?
If the answer to the former is yes then I would have paid for a whole years subscription for flaky software which from personal experience has been plagued with problems (a fair few of them resolved, granted), and will have to pay yet again for software which may or may not prove to be as flaky?

1 Like

Certainly your covered under the friends and family, loyalty,and perseverance perks program one would think. Voluntary beta testing with appropriate feedback deserves a big thumbs up :+1:t2: Much thanks in advance sir.

Is Mr @Antoine still with the company? Haven’t seen a peep out of him in quite a while, perhaps on holiday.

I did wonder why there wasn’t the usual deluge of ‘please post you debug info…’ posts on Monday morning :rofl: :rofl:

Truly the inmates are running the asylum…….good on @bitracer and @RunHomeSlow and the other blokes keeping the ship barnacle side down, hopefully they will get overtime pay.

I’m understanding, I have for a while now……:wink:

1 Like