[UPDATE LIVE] Thanks for everyone that tried the Audirvāna Remote iOS Beta Update

Finally taking a moment to test the latest update. Still fair overall based on previous requests.

One thing new I just noticed is that the remote did not take me back to the view of the playing track when I accessed the album view.

As always, thanks for your efforts and at least considering the possibilities of our requests. It is much appreciated.

That sounds and feels much better than my rushed response from this morning.

1 Like

I have the same bug as mkm. Also you are not able to stop or pause the music. Only the play button is visible. So it always starts from the beginning.
This is a major flaw.

Hi @mkm and @DonaldM ,

Are you able to reproduce it easily? Can you please send more information about it so we can try to reproduce the issue?

Had to find it again, as it is not always… this worked for me: Play an album, go for the booklet, then the play bar disappears. To have the play bar again: swipe the app away and start anew.

I’m having a hard time in trying to reproduce the error. Right now the player bar works as it should (also when opening the booklet), but that bug occured 4 or 5 times in the last couple of days.

@Antoine
Will this new iOS Remote fix the problem of sending code every time you switch from Origin to v3.5?

Last Comment from Me Here:

If the screen of the Remote could be like the maxed out, full screen version of the Mini Player from the app itself:

You have two of the eight toolbar items - Favorites and Local, all of which could be arrayed at the top of the screen with plenty of room to space at least all eight toolbar items across horizontally. The vertical toolbar truly needs to be repositioned.

Art is supposed to be be seen, heard, felt at the very least. The smaller view of the album art as it stands limits this glory. The flow of music, however, will not be stopped. Remote use or not.

Thanks again for all the enjoyment in using your wares. Also an art : )

1 Like

Hello there,

Bonne remarque PasDeDeux, j’y ai pensé aussi :wink:

J’ai suggéré également par le feedback sur Testflight (je ne sais pas qui l’a reçu), de proposer une option avec ou sans barre de volume, car pour moi, et je ne pense pas être le seul, elle est complètement inutile puisque je gère le volume par mon préampli.

Cela permettrait de gagner encore quelques centimètres pour la pochette :slight_smile:

En effet, et encore une fois, merci d’être à notre écoute dans la réalisation de ce merveilleux Audirvana.

Damien, Antoine & Co. rules :heart:

1 Like

You get the code from 3.5 or Audirvāna Origin?

Have been able to reproduce this but this one is a hard bug to reproduce as I had it by unlocking the iPad and going back to the app. the issue happened randomly and as @DonaldM pointed, swiping the app away and start it again is “fixing” the issue.

Exactly, every time I change programs when accessing iOS Remote, I get a new code.
I’m not using the Beta version, I would like to know if the new version will solve the problem.

I tried with the latest version of the iOS Beta with Audirvāna Studio and 3.5 on a Mac and no code has been asked after the first time code has been asked.

I am able to reproduce it every time:

1. Play any album
  2. Select mini player
  3. Select home (:house: )
  4. Et voilà no play and other buttons any longer at the bottom
  5. Swipe the app: all is back again

Succes in finding the bug

Donald

Yes, locking/unlocking the iPad sometimes triggers the empty player bar, but not always.

I reproduced the bug following this procedure, swiped away the remote app and restarted it. I then closed and re-opened the iPad, and the player bar was fully visible, i.e. no bug. Repeated it several times and everything remained stable.

1 Like

Ok guys, we may have found the root cause of this issue and in the next beta update of the Remote, it should be fixed.

2 Likes

Can you check if the issue is still here with the 121 version?

Well done!
I can’t reproduce the bug any more.

Donald

2 Likes

I just had little time for proper testing, but so far the issue has not reappeared.

1 Like

Hello,

J’ai remarqué le bouton “pause” plus petit sur la 121, mais si j’ose, à quoi en êtes-vous avec la taille de la sous fenêtre “en cours de lecture” et la taille des pochettes ?

J’imagine aisément que ce n’est pas si simple.

Merci d’avance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, vu la 122, c’est bien mieux merci, on se rapproche du but !

Vous allez garder la barre de menu à gauche ? c’est de la place de perdue et inutile car il suffit de cliquer sur la flèche en haut à gauche pour revenir à l’écran principal …

Et la barre de volume ? Je pense qu’en désactivant “contrôle du volume” dans Origin ou Studio, cela pourrait reporter ce choix dans Remote, et ne pas avoir cette commande présente mais inutile.

Visiblement, est-ce une volonté ? ou une restriction technique ? que de n’avoir une sous fenêtre “lecture en cours” avec le minimum d’infos et de commandes, faisant la part belle à une grande pochette ?

C’était le cas dans passé non ?, et franchement c’était top ! Pour le reste tout est mieux à présent :sunglasses:

Je sais je sais, je suis chiant :grinning:

1 Like