UPnP not working in Audirvana 3.5.18 but OK in A+

Repost, original went to wrong category.
Hello,

I am having problems with UPnP connection in the latest Audirvana [3.5.18] using a Bryston BDP-3 set to DNLA rendered mode. The audio file loads to the player in Audirvana but fails to play on the BDP.
If I revert to A+ and load the same audio file it plays from the BDP. What do I need to do resolve this issue?

Thank you,

docder

i have the same problem, but with a Stack Audio Link streamer. Im currently getting round it by using foobar between the two. But this is not ideal.

What exactly do you see on your network player? Is the track to play displayed on its screen?

Damien, mine hasn’t got a screen. The track loads into memory, then starts playing and after about 1-3 seconds nothing comes through and audirvana appears to stop the track.

To add im using windows beta version, this also happened with the 1. version

The current state of my situation is this -

If I select a track to play via system output on my Mac it plays.If I change audio output to BDP under Network the same track does not appear to load into Audrivana player properly. The track tries to load but gives up almost immediately, nothing plays to BDP… The BDP is set to DNLA rendering mode.

BTW, when you want to change audio output? Is there a way of clearing playback? The instruction is to stop playback but with playback stopped I am still unable to change output. I have to close and reopen A to change output. Is that right?

I am having a similar issue. I’ve been using a Sonore Ultrarendu for about a month with Audirvana and I have been very pleased so far, but the setup stopped working the middle of a song about 2 days’ ago and I haven’t been unable to stream Tidal ever since. I’ve troubleshot this thing to death (3-4 hours. I’ve downloaded new software, replaced the USB cable and swapped out Dacs, etc…still nothing. When I queue up a song in Audirvana, the bar at the bottom of the screen advances and it looks like it’s going to play, but nothing happens (counter remains at 0:00). I just spoke with Sonore and everything checks out on their end, so I decided to check out this forum. This happened during my free trial too, but I liked Audirvana enough that I knew I was going to purchase a license, so about 2 weeks into my trial I did and it seemed to fix the problem, but not immediately following the download; it just miraculously started working on its own after 40 minutes or so. Now, I dead in the water again. This is the 3rd time this has happened in as many weeks, but I can’t honestly say what fixed it the two previous times. It’s kind of frustrating.

I’ve made some fixes that have helped for a user with a Cambridge Audio network player.
Can you first test the 3.5.18.2 available here ?
If this is not fixing your issue, you can get the 3.5.16 here.
Tell me if any of the above two fixes your issue.
Thanks

Thanks Damien, 3.5.18.2 does not solve the UPnP non-play to the Bryston BDP-3, same outcome as described above, play bar rapidly fills with white but track does not play.
Reverting to 3.5.16 solves the issue, track loads and plays to BDP

I have the same issue with a Sonore OpticalRendu and a Benchmark HGC DAC 3. Audirvana 3.5.18 locks up as others have described when I use the remote to control Qobuz playback. After multiple resets/restarts I can get it to work again, but only briefly. Thanks for any help.

Reverting to v3.5.16 fixed my issue. Thanks! I’m using the internal AKM DAC (32/384) that shipped with my Cayin CS-55a. I was going to replace the DAC, but swapped the stock EL34 tubes for Mullard re-issues and it sounds outstanding!

Thanks for the test.
I’ve been able to reproduce this issue, and fixed it.
Can you test 3.5.18.4 available here?

Is this fix available for Windows to test Damien?

Hi Damien,

3.5.18.4 has fixed the UPnP issue on the Bryston BDP when using a Mac.

Thank you, D.

FYI, I just started having the same problem playing to an Allo USBridge using dietpi GMRender (UPnP/DLNA) from my macbook pro.
3.5.18.4 fixed it.

And I’ve released 3.5.19 with the fix.

3.5.18.4 works on my system! Thanks. JB

Exactly the same with microrendu and iFi Micro BL yet always works if connected to my Naim Unit?

Same problem Microrendu / iFi micro BL?

Damien,

3.5.20 may have broken this, again. I’m having the same issue as before, where my Sonore Ultrarendu is not being found as a UPnP device. However, Audirvana does recognize my Samsung TV. I was listening to Audirvana last night. I’ve done all the standard troubleshooting and nothing has worked. Last I new, I was running 3.5.18.4 on my MacBook Pro and it’s been running fine since I upgraded to it, about a month ago. I’m currently running Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.20 (3550). macOS 10.14.6 with 16384MB RAM. Is is setup to autoupdate, because I didn’t initiate an upgrade (just for this reason). Help!

Audirvana Mac Version 3.5.20 (3550)
macOS 10.14.6 with 16384MB RAM

Registered to John Bilos

SIGNAL PROCESSING:

Polarity Inversion:
	Globally: OFF
	Per track: ON
Effects plugins NOT ACTIVE

UPSAMPLING:
SoX not in use
SoX filter parameters
Bandwidth at 0dB = 99.5
Filter max length = 30000
Anti-aliasing = 100
Phase = 66

AUDIO VOLUME:
Max allowed volume: 100
Replay Gain: None
SW volume control: OFF

LIBRARY SETTINGS:
Sync list: 0 folders
Library database path: /Users/johnbilos/Library/Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite

ACTIVE STREAMING SERVICES
TIDAL: Connected as HIFI

=================== AUDIO DEVICE ========================

CoreAudio audio path, buffer I/O frame size: 512

Max. memory for audio buffers: 13312MB

Local Audio Engine:
Exclusive access: Enabled
Integer mode: Enabled

Preferred device:
MacBook Pro Speakers
Model UID:Speaker
UID:BuiltInSpeakerDevice

Active Sample Rate: 48kHz
Hog Mode is off

Bridge settings:
Sample rate limitation: none
Sample rate switching latency: none
Limit bitdepth to 24bit: OFF
Mute during sample rate change: OFF

Selected device:
Local audio device
ID 0x45 MacBook Pro Speakers Manufacturer:Apple Inc.
Model UID:Speaker UID:BuiltInSpeakerDevice

4 available sample rates up to 96000Hz
Audio buffer frame size : 15 to 4096 frames
Current I/O buffer frame size : 512
Volume Control
Physical: Yes
Virtual: Yes
MQA capability
Auto-detect MQA devices: No
Not a MQA device, user set to not MQA
DSD capability: Unhandled
Device audio channels
Preferred stereo channels L:1 R:2
Channel bitmap: Ox3, layout:
Channel 0 mapped to 0
Channel 1 mapped to 1

Audio channels in use
Number of channels: 2
Use as stereo device only: No
Simple stereo device: Yes

1 output streams:
Number of active channels: 2, in 1 stream(s)
Channel #0 :Stream 0 channel 0
Channel #1 :Stream 0 channel 1

Stream ID 0x46 2 channels starting at 1
4 virtual formats:
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

4 physical formats
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 96kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 88.2kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 48kHz
2 ch Mixable linear PCM Interleaved 32 little endian Signed Float 44.1kHz

Local devices found : 1
Device #0: ID 0x45 MacBook Pro Speakers Manufacturer: Apple Inc. Model UID: Speaker UID: BuiltInSpeakerDevice

UPnP devices found : 1
Device #0: ID 0x0 [TV] Samsung The Frame (55) UID: uuid:125008e1-1fa6-4654-97d1-cc89a2117647 Location: http://192.168.190.199:9197/dmr

If I try to revert back to 3.5.18, I’m told I’m not using the proper token when I attempt to open Audirvana