Volume Control has bugs!

Hi, Damien.

I clicked on the “-” button and instead of decreasing the volume, it increased to the maximum. It almost “blew” my ears. I feared I had damaged my speakers. Also, once the slide bar was moving by itself.

Futhermore, in the Volume Settings screen, in Maximum Audio Volume Limit, the label “100%” does not change even if I adjust it in the slider.

??? Some correction will happen ?

1 Like

There was a guy on the forum, “cat something”, to whom the same thing happened, a few weeks ago with V 1.0, and it was in the middle of the night. He was worried about his speakers too, and was upset because the noise frightened his wife and his son, who were awakened.

It‘s known issue and is DAC dependent. In some of my DACs it works exactly opposite. Clicking on plus and minus buttons brings the volume all the way down.

Humm. This is a serious problem. Volume control is a basic function.

Bonjour

J’ai exactement le même problème avec avec mon player 3D Lab

What about the mistress? Was she as startled? Not to mention the cat.

Very serious fault. Do not use volume control.

1 Like

If there was one, he didn’t mention her.

2 Likes

Maniacally laughing… tears streaming… I’m in a fug of Covid-19 lockdown with a contemporary soprano program…

[ Södergran-sanger op. 146
Wolfgang Plagge (1960-) • Edith Södergran (1892-1923)

2 I. Jag kan ej fånga värmen 3:42
3 II. Det var en fågel som sjöng 2:37 4 III. Din längtan är ett hav 3:33
5 IV. Molnet 2:54) :sob:, ]

…too lazy to changeit (where’s that bloody remote?) with the image of that man, in the middle of the night running around calming himself, the dog, the kid …

The poor guy was upset for his wife and kid, but was mostly worried about his speakers.

Yes. That’s why it is very serious. Luckily, my amps cut out and my maggies are fused. Reaplacing the ribbons is a days work at least.

Still hiladious the way you described it. Poor guy.

When he posted his story, I couldn’t stop from laughing. And he was insisting that if something happened to his speakers, he will make Audirvana pay their reparation. :sweat_smile:

I don’t have a pre-amp so depend on SW volume control. Clicking on - or + decreases the volume. Only sliding works. Another reason I need the remote!

It’s absolutely a very serious issue. I, for one, never use that control. Too risky. However, it would be handy when I can’t find my dac remote. I’m surprised AS has not disabled it until corrected.

1 Like

I have a problem with my AudioQuest Dragonfly Black in combination with AS 1.9 and volume control. The plus sign works correctly and increases volume but when pressing the minus sign nothing happens. When using the build-in output I don’t have this issue. It seems specific for the AudioQuest.

Hello @jamaruan,

Have you tried to change the -/+ step?

Yes, that solves it! Thanks Antoine for pointing that out.