What set up DOES NOT work for you with Audirvana Studio

High-resolution music player software “Audirvana book” has been released only in Japan. The price is 12,880 yen. A 30-day free trial is also available.

A buy-out version of “Audirvana Studio” offered on a flat-rate basis (890 yen per month / 8,990 yen per year). Audirvana Studio has integration with streaming services such as Tidal and Qobuz, but both are not available in Japan. The Audirvana book omits this linkage function and specializes in local file playback. It supports both mac OS and Windows, and natively supports Macs with Apple silicon and Windows 11.

The digital regeneration process is equipped with unique technology. By minimizing processor activity during playback and using the shortest software path for audio output, the computer’s music output is prioritized.

Equipped with a universal HD wireless connection that can play music from wirelessly and universal plug-and-play (UPnP/DLNA) compatible devices. The remote control app for smartphones/tablets can be used for free.

Yep it’s ready for Japan………but is Japan ready for it?

Tell her to buy a Devialet.
Someone posted today that Studio recognizes it immediately.

1 Like

This is not a good idea for a name.
Apple may get upset, because it reminds the MacBook.

1 Like

Maybe it’s like a owner’s Manuel?

1 Like

Strange choice… What the word book has to do with a player?
Maybe because you can read biographies while listening to music.

Well there’s the word from the official Audirvāna team, Dang it’s sold out already……. I really wanted the version that is universal compatible with UPNP. I bet it’s the best thing since sliced suchi. Not sure what the exchange rate is but probably less than a marginal steak dinner?

My Loss……

People need a full-featured player for local files.
To listen to the streaming services, there are alternative products that I won’t name on the site of Audirvana.

What do you mean by sold out?
Was it a limited software edition?

1 Like

You know how those downloads can sell out right? Supply chain issues undoubtedly

1 Like

Could also be numbered copies that will become collector items.

1 Like

I’ll see if my niece can perhaps get one on the black market and smuggle it out with the Yakuza’s assistance.

1 Like

If the player is geographically restricted to Japan, you’ll need to subscribe to a VPN service to play your tracks in your homeland.

1 Like

Might have to move there, They get all the good stuff

It’s good that Audirvana is experimenting with the idea. It’s been requested by many on the forums. I would buy it immediately.

1 Like

Same for me. I will buy it despite the bugs in order to support the company and the development of the player.

Thought I’d try a little local listening.
Macbook Pro (running Win10 Pro) to a Chord Mojo via USB (no UPnP).
Simple hook-up. However no surprise that even this simple configuration doesn’t work (with Qobuz).
ROON however works flawlessly.
Like an idiot, I keep coming back in the hope that Studio will finally work. Unfortunately this is fast becoming a massive waste of my time. Time that should be spent enjoying my music as opposed to battling a piece of software which, I’m sorry to say, is blatantly NOT fit for purpose.
I understand that there are those on here for whom the software appears to work flawlessy.
However I feel like I’ve actually paid to Beta test Studio, with apparently no solution to my problems in sight.
It appears that the latest update is solely to placate those who have a problem with the UI, the presentation, of Studio.
I would suggest that getting the software to actually WORK as a functioning, stable product, is more critical?

2 Likes

What does it mean in this case that it doesn’t work? What doesn’t work and with what settings? A problem with Qobuz, ASIO, KS, WASAPI? Is there an error message? Does Audirvana play at all?

Local files play (mostly).
Qobuz hangs.
When Qobuz DOES work (after about a minute of the screen pulsing), it will invariably start on the sixth track of the album.
As mentioned, ROON suffers with NONE of these problems.

1 Like

Run MacOS, or you’re really feeling masochistic.

Why on earth would you insist on running Win10 on Macbook?

I also have Studio installed on the Mac side- same result.

1 Like

Did you open a thread for this issue?