"Work" and "Movement" display in Album view

I am aware that in now distant days, Audirvana adopted the “Make do” solution of using the “Grouping” tag as “Works” tag for classical music tracks, when no specific tags were available.
As far as I notice, that arrangement still lives on in the current versions, where Audirvana clearly assumes that any data included in the “Grouping” tag is a “Works” tag data and displays it regardless.

Using the “Grouping” tag for other purpose than explained above, I find myself with my Album view displaying tracks in an unwelcome fashion.

Far from me to criticise a clever workaround, but I must point out that its legacy feels unwelcome to anyone who has not adopted it.

I suppose that by now, many of us have taken the trouble to use iTunes’ or other Tag Editors’ possibilities to tag “Works” and “Movements” in music tracks, which opens the choice to display tracks either in a newer way or in the previous fashion.

Therefore I suggest, as a first step, an option be provided in the Settings to allow the cancellation of the legacy display of the “Grouping” tag as a “Work” tag in the Album view.

Going further, I would like to see Audirvana offer the an option to use the more recently adopted “Work” and “Movement” tags display Album views when the “Work” and “Movement” tags contain data.

I am quite conscious it is no mean feat in development terms, but I believe it would be a worthy and polished enhancement not only for Classical music listeners, but for Prog Rock and Jazz listeners too by whom such tagging could be welcome.

+1 on this suggestion. Well said.

My only slight amendment is to this statement, “Therefore I suggest, as a first step, an option be provided in the Settings to allow the cancellation of the legacy display of the “Grouping” tag as a “Work” tag in the Album view.”

I would suggest the following… As a first step, an option be provided in the Settings to allow the complete cancellation of the display of the “Grouping” tag in all views.