Work, movement, orchestra, ensemble, conductor tags

I cannot upvote a closed post anymore, so I open a new one

The old one I found: "Work" and "Movement" display in Album view

It would be great if (for classical music) the work and movement tags would be supported, as a separate category to browse.

Other classical tags are orchestra, conductor, ensemble, choir, composer. If Audirvana would support these, maybe by enabling them in a setting if you like to use them, searching the classical catalogue on local folders would be much easier.

I have an elaborate metadata scheme where I curate my metadata tags in a certain way, but using the album, title, track, artist and album artist tags this way is not always easy.

If support already exists, than I cannot locate how. If not and you feel this should be a nice addition, please upvote.

Hi @jmtennapel,

You would like to display those tags in the Local>Tracks view for example?

Hello Antoine. I think a main category ‘Works’ would be preferable (next to Artist, Album, Track, Genre). Those works should be displayed by composer. For instance ‘Symphony no 5’ could be from Beethoven, Mahler, Bruckner etc.

As for composer, orchestra and such: having those turning up in the search results would be ideal.

Apple Music has a great view for Works/Movements. That kind of functionality would be preferable (better be inspired than dreaming it up :wink: )

Hi @jmtennapel,

When grouping is used in Audirvāna:

Grouping = Work

Movement = Title

Here is how it is displayed in Audirvāna Studio (if you go in the Extended tab, you have other classical metadata you can fill in):

Hello Antoine,

The problem is that Audirvana doesn’t read those metadata tags from the files. I have quite a few albums with the orchestra, composer, conductor, work, movement, choir, ensemble etc. tags filled and Audirvana doesn’t read those.

I’m not going to redo all metadata tags in Audirvana, obviously.

The solution as proposed is a work around. There are dedicated tags for work and movement next to title and album. It would be great if Audirvana would support those tags.

Hi @jmtennapel,

Can you send us one of these files at support@audirvana.com so I can check it out?

Sorry for my late response. I missed this answer. I will send you a file.

Thank you for adding them to Studio 2.8.1 !

1 Like