Audirvana 3.5.37 freezes at startup

@Bozoleclown I understand, mine started with the upgrade to 3.5.37 as well. I was stating that it still occurs after a clean install with no directories or music files having been added to the library, which would make the discussion about location of music files and the defragmentation of the database seem not relevant to the problem.

@Bjkooij idea about it being related to the video card sounds promising since he was able to get the software to not crash through remote desktop which defaults to a Microsoft Default Video Driver. It could also be related to the audio driver, since this also changes to a default Microsoft driver for remote desktop sessions.

@ljmarxen
In remote desktop the audio signal is still transported via asio and doesn’t follow a different path. If you are not running Audirvana under remote desktop you can observe that when the program freezes that there is a conflict with depicting the artist picture in the artist pane, which to me seems a bug related to the graphics adapter.

Sometimes I also have problems in Qobuz. Then the program does not freeze but the album pictures are scanned and displayed several times. So I think there is a conflict between scanning and displaying that causes Audirvana to freeze.

Hi Damien,
My files are on an external USB3 drive, Simple - Basic - NTFS - Healthy (Primary Partition).
Problem is only in Artist View, if I close in album view there is no problem at startup.
Good luck

Hallo there,
I still have this problem now (on Win10). I usually keep the library window on Artist (Album), so I will try to switch to album. But hey, this has been happening for months now apparently, still no fix? I have now re-installed the program about 10 times, and it’s getting rather annoying.

I’m done…

Nothing is getting fixed. Can’t use it as a local media player because of this crashing issue. It will not scan and add music ether automatically or manually without crashing. And the Qobuz flashing problem that I posted months ago is still a problem.

I have sent the requested files with no fix. When I email and ask for an update…no reply. This has been going on for over two months.

I have come to the conclusion that Audirvana has zero use to me. Back to JRiver and the standalone Qobuz app.

I just don’t get it. The least you could have done is roll back to a version before all the crashing instead of letting paying customers become frustrated.

I am having the same issues too. I had my files on an external usb 3 drive, but then switched to files on a m.2 ssd internally and it’s still freezing at launch. If I can quickly get into settings right at launch, it may work for a short moment.

1 Like

BTW, just to add to this issue…

Even with local files off…no database, no Library, fresh install…just Qobuz. It still locks if Library is highlighted at startup.

Audirvana always freeze when sync music on internal storage.
Also, it will freeze after a extended period of time playing music (10+ hours). Really huge problem because I just leave my media Mac mini on playing 7-24, and with Audirvana freezeing occasionally is really annoying.

1 Like

im actually on 3.5.38, win10.

I can get it to run as long as right when I open it up, i switch to a Qobuz screen. If I dont, it’ll just hang. Once i let it sit on a Quobuz screen for a little bit, I can use it normally again.

1 Like

Just upgraded to 3.5.39, problem is not addressed in update and still occurs.

2 Likes

Yep still broken…

Why cant the devs just roll back to an earlier version before paying customers were having this issue?

And now this pops up after I kill it and restart.

Untitled

1 Like

Similar situation with 6 albums from HDTracks.com on the C: NVMe drive. Seems to work fine as long as i leave it in album view, i can go to artist view after starting in album - but locks up if i start in artist view… I sent logs into support. I also noticed in the logs a lot of errors trying to connect to UPNP devices, so i delete all of them from my Windows box (TVs i never connect anything to in the house)… Errors are gone, but still artist view hangs if launched in that view.

1 Like

You could try to execute the three library maintenance steps (Integrity check, index rebuild and dB defragment) and see if the issue will be solved

tried that, same results on the Artist tab… And i actually don’t need to use the artist tab, i just need to make sure i remember not to use it!

1 Like

Did all the maintenance, also uninstalled and wiped all remnants of Audirvana. Reinstalled on a different user account…Tried pointing Audirvana to a music folder on another internal drive, a USB drive and a NAS. All cause Audirvana to crash…Even a single folder with only one music file…all crash Audirvana.

BTW, it will also crash without a Library and just Qobuz if the Library menu is highlighted when opened.

I have sent all the files requested by the Dev almost two months ago…nothing, nada…no fix.

Dear all, i have the same problem here. Downloaded the app yesterday, and after the first restart, it bugged on the artist tab … Try to reinstall, it’s worked correctly until i restart the app and fall on the artist tab when i was starting the app ! I’m afraid at reading all of your messages, i don’t want to pay for something that is not functionnal and it’s seems not to have any answers for this problem. Pending good luck everyone !

It looks like a bug only in the Windows version of Audirvana. I was unable to reproduce this issue on the Mac.

Although this is not a bug that bothers me particularly as I am almost always in ‘Albums’ view, I am, nonetheless interested. I can confirm that the latest Windows version 3.5.39 still exhibits this issue and I have noticed that, in addition to a very high CPU usage and memory allocation, there is also high GPU usage. This latter surprises me but perhaps it might be useful observation in attempting to track down the cause.

1 Like

Interesting on the Album View vs Artist View thing. It does seem to work fine on Album view thus far on startup. I just have to remember to switch back to Album View when I exit the application each time…