Audirvana 3.5.37 freezes at startup

im actually on 3.5.38, win10.

I can get it to run as long as right when I open it up, i switch to a Qobuz screen. If I dont, it’ll just hang. Once i let it sit on a Quobuz screen for a little bit, I can use it normally again.

1 Like

Just upgraded to 3.5.39, problem is not addressed in update and still occurs.

2 Likes

Yep still broken…

Why cant the devs just roll back to an earlier version before paying customers were having this issue?

And now this pops up after I kill it and restart.

Untitled

1 Like

Similar situation with 6 albums from HDTracks.com on the C: NVMe drive. Seems to work fine as long as i leave it in album view, i can go to artist view after starting in album - but locks up if i start in artist view… I sent logs into support. I also noticed in the logs a lot of errors trying to connect to UPNP devices, so i delete all of them from my Windows box (TVs i never connect anything to in the house)… Errors are gone, but still artist view hangs if launched in that view.

1 Like

You could try to execute the three library maintenance steps (Integrity check, index rebuild and dB defragment) and see if the issue will be solved

tried that, same results on the Artist tab… And i actually don’t need to use the artist tab, i just need to make sure i remember not to use it!

1 Like

Did all the maintenance, also uninstalled and wiped all remnants of Audirvana. Reinstalled on a different user account…Tried pointing Audirvana to a music folder on another internal drive, a USB drive and a NAS. All cause Audirvana to crash…Even a single folder with only one music file…all crash Audirvana.

BTW, it will also crash without a Library and just Qobuz if the Library menu is highlighted when opened.

I have sent all the files requested by the Dev almost two months ago…nothing, nada…no fix.

Dear all, i have the same problem here. Downloaded the app yesterday, and after the first restart, it bugged on the artist tab … Try to reinstall, it’s worked correctly until i restart the app and fall on the artist tab when i was starting the app ! I’m afraid at reading all of your messages, i don’t want to pay for something that is not functionnal and it’s seems not to have any answers for this problem. Pending good luck everyone !

It looks like a bug only in the Windows version of Audirvana. I was unable to reproduce this issue on the Mac.

Although this is not a bug that bothers me particularly as I am almost always in ‘Albums’ view, I am, nonetheless interested. I can confirm that the latest Windows version 3.5.39 still exhibits this issue and I have noticed that, in addition to a very high CPU usage and memory allocation, there is also high GPU usage. This latter surprises me but perhaps it might be useful observation in attempting to track down the cause.

1 Like

Interesting on the Album View vs Artist View thing. It does seem to work fine on Album view thus far on startup. I just have to remember to switch back to Album View when I exit the application each time…

Have you tried adding music to your music folder? Audirvana refuses to see any new albums I add. I have to do a full scan for the album to be added. It used to see new music at start up, but since the crash bug, it doesn’t anymore…And a re-scan takes forever.

I use to love this program…The only reason I come on this forum is in the hope that the dev gets it together and fixes this issue. I hate to think my money I paid was just thrown away.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

We made a specific version for this issue, can you uninstall the version of Audirvana you have (Special Warning : It will delete the file AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite, you will lose all the Playlists you created in Audirvana. However, you can back-up the database file by copying it in a different directory)

The database is by default located here:

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Packages\Audirvana.Audirvana-randomnumbers\LocalCache\Local\Audirvana\AudirvanaPlus

After doing the back up of database and uninstall Audirvana, can you install this special version and try reproduce your issue? https://audirvana.com/delivery/wintest/AudirvanaSetup_3.5.39.0_x64.appxbundle

1 Like

Hi Damien

Just installed the new version and the problem (for me) seems to be resolved. I can now start up in Artist view and no lock up or excessive CPU consumption is to be seen.

I’ll post back if more thorough testing shows any issues.

1 Like

Hi Damien,

The new version also appears to fix the issue for me as well. I can start up in Artists view without the application freezing/locking up. Thanks for your help with this issue. Please let us know if/when we need to transition back to a non-testing version (or if it will automatically occur during next update).

1 Like

Having witnessed the paroxysms of despair posted about this subject, I really thought that his thread would be packed with users looking for this modification! How wrong I was.

A little further information. The only downside I can find of this mod is that the existing tendency of Audirvana to start without displaying its UI, which might be completely down to my hardware, is somewhat worse now than with previous versions. Previously maybe one start in ten showed that issue, now it’s maybe one in three.

I don’t find this a serious issue. I only have to kill AV in Task Manager and restart. Hardly onerous.

1 Like

When you have this behavior with Audirvana, do you see Audirvana in background in Task Manager?

1 Like

Hi Damien

Yes. Audirvana displays as a Background Process instead of an App

1 Like

We had other feedback about it, can you check if you have this feature pack?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4562569/media-feature-pack-for-windows-10-n-may-2020

1 Like

Hi Damien

My Windows is Window 10 Pro (2004). It is not the ‘N’ version, and the pack to which you refer is therefore not applicable and is not installed.

1 Like