Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Stop the backup until near the end of your billing cycle. Try to calculate how long it will take to back up all your music files, and time it so about half falls in one billing cycle and about half in the next. (Unless half would put you over, in which case better to be over one month instead of two.)

1 Like

How is that possible???

That’s beyond belief.

After Testing against Audirvana 3.5, Audirvana Studio, Tidal Client and a local windows player “playpcmwin”:

Audirvana Studio is definitely better than Audirvana 3.5. But Tidal Client is imo better than Audirvana Studio in SQ. And Local Player PlayPCMWin is best.

In Audirvana Studio the stage is not as deep as Local and Tidal Client. All is more tied together, but smooth crisp. Tidal Client and PlayPCMWin are more dynamic, direct, more original.
All Tested with newest Windows, O2+Odac, Sennheiser HD650 and Audeze LCD2 Classic.

It happens if you, for example, correct the spelling of an artist’s name in your local metadata. There is a part of the music file (except WAV) dedicated to metadata. That’s the part the MusicBrainz ID would be appended to, I believe.

Beaucoup de bugs pour l’instant dans la version d’essai : Message “votre essai a expiré” au lancement puis fonctionne ensuite. Message lors de l’analyse d’un fichier HD (plus d’analyse possible, le message m’invite à m’abonner !..). Problème de lecture des flux aac des stations de radio ( coupures de son toutes les 4 ou 5 secondes)… Pas moyen de mémoriser une nouvelle radio… Sur un deuxième pc je n’arrive pas à lancer AS ( message de problème avec java script).
30 jours c’est court, Audirvana devra très vite régler ces problèmes sinon les abonnés ne vont pas accourir et les utilisateurs de la v3.5 y resteront pour éviter un abonnement qui n’en vaut pas le prix. Très déçu par cette premier contact, j’espère une réaction vive d’audirvana.

I made a post here about what I found.

1 Like

Yep, pretty disgraceful in my opinion.
Even more so when it’s been denied on here:

Damien3

No data is shared, all we do is analyzing your track to have the Accoustic ID of the track and then with Musicbrainz we are displaying the missing metadata in Audirvana (we are not adding them in your track).

1 Like

Well, he might actually thinks it works that way. I’ve heard lots of people suggest that Damien works alone, I would be surprised if that was the case for this release. I would assume that he farmed out pieces of the system and then integrated them.

This does suggest that he needs a fuller QA staff (or even a QA staff). And as he is seeing today, additional support members. I am very familiar with how much effort it takes to do forum support.

1 Like

Faulting application name: Audirvana.exe, version: 1.0.0.10000, time stamp: 0x60a14f83
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.964, time stamp: 0xbd2c3c23
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000a4db8
Faulting process ID: 0x5f78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d74b30ceb722a3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9684-d80dbb7827cd_1.0.0.0_x64__fec4hfhj3emgj\Audirvana\Audirvana.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 9f763fa7-3832-48da-af8b-b34c2faba67f
Faulting package full name: Audirvana.Audirvana-4118-9684-d80dbb7827cd_1.0.0.0_x64__fec4hfhj3emgj
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Not going to go far if I can’t sync the library. Fourth attempt - all the same. My system runs 3.5 without any issue.

1 Like

What is this padlock in the bottom right for?

in my case i cannot play albums at 88.2 Khz and some at 44.1 :neutral_face:

Exclusive access, release your dac and can stop the music

2 Likes

@pravin In 3.5 I export the playlist to a location on my mac then in Studio I import the play list. It took a while to work out what to do

How can you launch new playback software, without a control app?
Its crazy. Surely this is a requirement, and not a luxury.

I reiterate the frustrations already highlighted by users here.
IMO, the software is not ready for market release… Too many bugs, which is why I never purchased 3.5.

• Text is too small.
  • No control app is a show stopper
  • I was playing via uPnP to my Ropieee, I experienced a loud burst of continuous pink noise, after music had been playing for sometime. I have never had this issue via Windows10, or Roon.
  • Continuous tracks are failing to play via Qobuz, Roon has no issue.

It feels like we are beta testers? Offer the software free, get users to test and report.
I’m out.

Roon is leagues ahead of this software. There’s just no contest. Where is the Audirvana team? No comments!

4 Likes

I tried running the Studio on a PC and on a Mac in combination with running the Android remote and IOS remote. I was not able to connect to the Studio whereas I have no problem connect to 3.5.

Since the existing remote would not connect to the Studio despite the fact that the website says it would before the new remote comes out, I disconnected the Studio from my Mac upstairs and installed in on my Dell XPS13 after the kids went to bed so I can control the Studio in front of the stereo. I mouse-clicked on the + to increase the volume, it snapped to max! My wife came out from the bedroom scared. I think it woke up my son who was upstairs and with room doors closed. Good that my speakers can take up to 500W power or I would have blown them.
Lasst night, I changed songs a couple of times and the Studio hang particularly when playing DSD files. But it happened with Red book Flacs also. There are times I even rebooted and couldn’t get the Studio to play and song anymore and had to reboot again.
Today, the Studio does not even see any of my network players.
So far I have experienced much frustration trying to use the Studio.

2 Likes

One of the things about the analyzing is that after it is done, when you play the music, it shows the wave form on the progress bar if you click on the waveform icon above the elapse time to the left of the progress bar.

I’m done with this … bad experience with Audirvana Studio just like I had with 3.x and lets leave it at that.

While I cant find any evidence and roon is not rescanning the folders AS accessed I just get a bad feeling and TBH I couldn’t really tell any difference on a short listen to some Chesky HiRes tracks.

Thanks Rugby

1 Like

To bdugardin

The more I experience AS the more fun I’m having. I mostly listen to piano and chamber music.

My DEQX recognisees nothing over 24/96. All DSD are sampled down. Still, great clarity and soundstage. Every component plays its part… especially our perception, expectation and hearing.

At 2am in bed I can listen to my clock radio and still be transported.

1 Like

Je vais essayé ça aussi ! :wink:
Pour en revenir à AS, je ne comprends pas pourquoi il ne joue que le flux mp3 … alors qu’il propose bien le flux aac … Ca marche parfaitement dans roon, dans Vox avec une simplicité biblique … mais pas dans AS … :roll_eyes: