Audirvāna Studio Feedback

It would be nice to have an indication what is the format of each album, as Roon does.

I have some albums twice. For instance, in CD quality and in 24-192 rip from a vinyl. But there’s no way to know in what format has each album. I have to open the albums to know which is what.

2 Likes

Studio is USELESS: see this post: Stops playing after 2 seconds

Other users have this problem too!
TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!

Studio is populating the filetag MUSICBRAINZ_TRACKID – modifying files. Fortunately for me, I already had this tag populated for most of my files. I had a few miscellaneous files where this tag was not populated and Studio modified these files.

Goodbye Studio (at least for now). I will not tolerate any software modifying my music files without my permission.

4 Likes

That’s not good; modifying them at source?

Ahhh … ca va être plus simple ! :wink:
Essaye ça : http://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac ou ça http://direct.fipradio.fr/live/fip-hifi.aac
J’écoute FIP sur mon installation “convenable” depuis de nombreuses années. C’est nickel ! Le son du flux aac est vraiment excellent ! Avec un bon DAC, c’est dur de faire la différence avec un Flac …
Tu me diras ce que tu en penses. :wink:

That’s really curious … :flushed: On my Mac mini, everything is (quiet) OK.
Are you playing local files ? If yes, try to set differently the Music folder (only the music folder, not a root folder that contain your music folder).

Hope it helps … :wink:

Yes. my actual music files were modified.

1 Like

Merci beaucoup bdgardin.
Je n’étais pas au courant et ça semble très intéressant.
Sur internet, je passe beaucoup de temps sur des sites anglophones et parfois j’ignore des choses qui concernent l’internet en français.
Je vais écouter ces flux AAC avec VOX, mais je n’ai pas compris pourquoi vous n’arrivez pas à les écouter avec Audirvana Studio. La fonction radio d’AS accepte-t-elle que les mp3 ?

First impressions? I feel like a beta tester. Not gonna happen.

3 Likes

I can’t change something in Studio since I only see a spinning beach ball… never experienced such a piece of crappy software!

And to make matters worse: tomorrow I will no longer have access to version 3.5 since my trail expires and I stupidly waited since the announcement of Studio. I am a bit desperate at the moment. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

@Antoine

Here is a problem for all users who use cloud backup and whose internet connection has a data cap: The “Analyzing audio files” adds a metadata tag to all files. If you use BackBlaze like I do, the backup client will detect the changes in the files and proceed to re-upload all the files to the cloud service. I am definitely going over my data cap with this.

3 Likes

Vous avez raison, c’est surprenant pour du AAC.
Hier un copain sur le site m’a donné un lien à une radio allemande, Mother Earth Radio, qui diffuse du jazz et du classique haute résolution FLAC 24-96. Je n’ai pas essayé encore avec AS, mais ça marche avec VOX. https://www.streamserver24.com/metafiles/motherearth.pls

1 Like

Stop the backup until near the end of your billing cycle. Try to calculate how long it will take to back up all your music files, and time it so about half falls in one billing cycle and about half in the next. (Unless half would put you over, in which case better to be over one month instead of two.)

1 Like

How is that possible???

That’s beyond belief.

After Testing against Audirvana 3.5, Audirvana Studio, Tidal Client and a local windows player “playpcmwin”:

Audirvana Studio is definitely better than Audirvana 3.5. But Tidal Client is imo better than Audirvana Studio in SQ. And Local Player PlayPCMWin is best.

In Audirvana Studio the stage is not as deep as Local and Tidal Client. All is more tied together, but smooth crisp. Tidal Client and PlayPCMWin are more dynamic, direct, more original.
All Tested with newest Windows, O2+Odac, Sennheiser HD650 and Audeze LCD2 Classic.

It happens if you, for example, correct the spelling of an artist’s name in your local metadata. There is a part of the music file (except WAV) dedicated to metadata. That’s the part the MusicBrainz ID would be appended to, I believe.

Beaucoup de bugs pour l’instant dans la version d’essai : Message “votre essai a expiré” au lancement puis fonctionne ensuite. Message lors de l’analyse d’un fichier HD (plus d’analyse possible, le message m’invite à m’abonner !..). Problème de lecture des flux aac des stations de radio ( coupures de son toutes les 4 ou 5 secondes)… Pas moyen de mémoriser une nouvelle radio… Sur un deuxième pc je n’arrive pas à lancer AS ( message de problème avec java script).
30 jours c’est court, Audirvana devra très vite régler ces problèmes sinon les abonnés ne vont pas accourir et les utilisateurs de la v3.5 y resteront pour éviter un abonnement qui n’en vaut pas le prix. Très déçu par cette premier contact, j’espère une réaction vive d’audirvana.

I made a post here about what I found.

1 Like

Yep, pretty disgraceful in my opinion.
Even more so when it’s been denied on here:

Damien3

No data is shared, all we do is analyzing your track to have the Accoustic ID of the track and then with Musicbrainz we are displaying the missing metadata in Audirvana (we are not adding them in your track).

1 Like

Well, he might actually thinks it works that way. I’ve heard lots of people suggest that Damien works alone, I would be surprised if that was the case for this release. I would assume that he farmed out pieces of the system and then integrated them.

This does suggest that he needs a fuller QA staff (or even a QA staff). And as he is seeing today, additional support members. I am very familiar with how much effort it takes to do forum support.

1 Like