Audirvāna Studio Feedback

So, after waiting overnight and my library still being ‘analysed’, I’ve managed to play one album (although I’m unable to play hi-res music) before AS crashes/locks up, exactly as 3.5.45 used to.
Pathetically poor software, which should NEVER have been released in it’s current state imo.
Far too buggy, and with the lack of remote support seemingly incomplete.
And we’re expected to pay monthly for this?

6 Likes

Continua la discussione da Audirvana Studio Feedback:

Compliments. The new UI is beautiful and the sound is excellent.
But I have to mention many things that are to be investigated:

1. The application crashes (I have experienced 2 or 3 crashes)
  2. On the top of main window I find “ANALYZING AUDIO FILES” painted at the same point from the start of the application. No evolution.
  3. Smart Playlist that include rules on file types are not possible. The checks go away at first click.
  4. When select an artist, are shown all the album of the artist but is not possible to define a sort criteria (for example view the album by year). Pressing the + button in the Edit Sorting Criteria do nothing.

Hi,
After installing AS on my Mac mini under 10.13, no problem. Everything works fine … or almost. :wink:

First, the sound playback is great !
Difficult to be sure if it’s better or equal to Audirvana 3.5, but the first sound impressions are really good.
Some small bugs for the moment (refreshing display for example) … and a more important one concerning the radio playback. One a the major reason I want to switch to Audirvana Studio is radio playback capabilities. I listen to FIP (French radio). In Audirvana Studio, I can find the two available stream - mp3 or aac. The aac stream couldn’t be played … Audirvana studio stream only the mp3 stream … that’s bad.

Congrats Damien !
Bertrand

Booker, if you want to add your local music to My Music, you have to set the local album as “preferred”.

I use Audirvana in a headless system, so for ME it IS critical.
I don’t think Padraic is ‘crying’ about it, just making a valid point.
Perhaps it’s you that needs to chill fella :wink:

1 Like

Good for you, just know that you’re going to wait a long time because actual critical things like bug fixes have priority.

I agree almost in every case. A few little, tiny stutters. Can’t log into my original account for “family” trial so created new account. Sort it out later.

SOUNDS BETTER TO MY EAR. May just be the Magnepans, Mark Levinson, DEQX, and Topping getting the best from this new build.

2 Likes

I literally can’t use the new program without the remote. I’m sorry you’re failing to understand this.

I’m hardly “crying”, I have 3.5 and it’s working fine right now. We can agree to disagree on what is “critical” and what isn’t.

Of course it can render MQA, as far I remember they were one of the first ones to have their own decoder on board. But circumnavigating that decoder reveals that the MQA signal, which finally reaches the hardware, is somehow changed. I have never experienced that with another software so far. I can remember that i asked their support if they apply some kind of DSP by default, which can not be switched off, but never got an answer.

By the way… the new installation literally imported everything from my 3.5 installaion. Work that out because I can’t. I was playing music in minutes.

Re: Interface flipping out, I’ve found going to Preferences and back seems to stop it.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m well aware how long it takes Audirvana to fix the bugs in it’s software :+1:

Workaround, somewhat kludgy on phone, better on tablet, until remote comes: Free version of RealVNC.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, but I’ll just wait for the remote as it seems there’s a bunch of other kinks that have to get worked out anyway.

1 Like

A bug report…

On macOS, I tried to play AS in integrated mode with Music app. When I wanted to exit this mode, it was impossible! I had to quit AS and to launch it again. By quitting AS, I lost the analysis that was done already.
Now the analysis started again from 0%!!!

It’s the 4th time since yesterday night that the analysis is running, but I lose everything.

2 Likes

That does seem to work. I’ve managed to recreate the issue. It also happens when I’m scrolling in album view. Doesn’t matter if it’s Qobuz or one of my own albums. Seems the software goes into a scroll loop and messes up part of the window.

Is this doing volume levelling as well, I haven’t managed to see anything yet its just frozen up trtying to sync and analyse.

I will try an point it at a smaller (less important copy) folder and see what I get .

So far not enough seen to comment

The kernel streaming mode was crazy. I respect you. If there is any hope, I would like to make the last update by putting kernel streaming mode into the 3.5 version as well.
If that doesn’t work, please update the black skin to 3.5 for the last time.
I desperately want version 3.5 to be updated at least once.
Kernel streaming is good, at least black skin.

Just give me Odirvana 4.0 version
New $129.99
3.5 to 4.0 = $39.99

2 Likes

I too didn’t realize the remote hasn’t shown yet . My PC is in a completely different room to my hi fi . No remote app , no control over what’s going on

Bit of a shot in the foot

1 Like

Everybody is complaining about everything. Difficult to set priorities for them at this point of time. Everybody is seeing his own need. They made their choice