Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Yes, but what was to be expected, if a software is released prematurely? So, the test weeks for free are Beta testing weeks in reality. So, they should give the users money for their testing, right?

3 Likes

I am finding the interface somewhat clunky, different to V3.5 yes, but just as frustrating in its own way. It definitely needs a larger font size or a way to adjust that in settings.

The whole metadata and playlist setup seems cumbersome, not entirely intuitive at first but I accept it takes a while to adjust to a new interface and get used to it’s eccentricities. It did take me quite a while to get used to V3.5 when moving up from V3.2.

I personally don’t like the way it mixes local files and streaming services so tightly, my preference would be to keep them more obviously separate, this is probably due to me mostly playing local files. It feels like the shift of priority is towards streaming, as mentioned a few times, a cut down version without streaming built in would probably suit many users better.

Many of my smart playlists use grouping as a filter, this was previously set up as:
Grouping -‘is equal to’ - ‘the specific grouping name’

These smart lists are empty, however if I make a slight change as below:
Grouping - ‘Contains’ - ‘the specific grouping name’

Then the playlist populates correctly.

We should all give it time, use the trial to decide if it’s a worthwhile upgrade/improvement over V3.5 and make our decisions.

Let’s all be grateful that agonising over the latest release of a computer audio player is the biggest problem we all have right now.

1 Like

I think many concerned users just don’t comment about it or haven’t got their hands on ĀS yet. I use the remote all the time and if I could just not touch the computer most of the time I’d be much happier. But I know it’s not here yet so I’m not going to ask if it’s out yet, it won’t make it come faster. Not complaining right away about a topic doesn’t mean there isn’t a topic.

1 Like

Like the SQ pretty much. However the search function is a complete mess. Having Tidal as well as Qobuz connected on top of a local library, the search results are a compete mess, for the streaming services it seems to hit only some tracks in the favorite albums, and provides no filtering for hits from favorites or from the local library. This is completely useless and impacts the overall impression for an otherwise good product. The same is also valid for the integrated !library" view, one can not filter based on source, sound quality or presence within favorite albums.
Come on, guys, this really needs to be improved for the money ur asking for the product. The SQ alone will not save the day, you need to improve the library management substantially.

2 Likes

Where do you find the radio and podcasts??
Do you have to enable it somehow?

In fact it seems you can’t even disable it.
In my case, on the first launch, early in the release time, there was an error message about it and they were nowhere to be seen. I relaunched the software a few hours later and the radio and podcasts showed up on the left side of the app, right along my library.

1 Like

Same for me. I was looking for the Podcasts and could not find them. I had to quit the app and to relaunch it and the Podcast mysteriously appeared.

Thought I’d delete the existing SQL files and start with a TOTALLY fresh install of AS in the hope that the analysation of files may have been quicker.
Does anyone know how to get into the settings for AS, as the icon doesn’t work for me.

I agree with you Philip. AS sounds better than 3.5. Specially with streamed MQA files. With 3.5, i was always disappointed with the streamed playback vs local playback.
With AS, local playback is really great with more details and streamed playback is much better than in 3.5.

Liking the Sound quality so far, shame I cant quickly A+B between 3.5 and Studio. All my Tidal and Qobuz Artists, Albums, Tracks and Playlists all found and work fine. I do get the occasional Hiss at the end of a track though. After another few hours use today Im flying round the UI with no problems. I did managed to somehow get the HQ Audio HD profile to work for one track but now its locked again : (

CPU use at around 1.8% using Kernel Streaming mode.
Ram 27% (Im also typing and logged onto this forum. Does that effect it?) on a 16gb AMD Ryzen 5 4600H 3.0 GHz.

Is there anywhere on the forum for tips setting up Audirvana with a Chord Qutest please? Thanks

Restart AS. It was the same for me, the first launch was bad …

1 Like

Cancel your subscription plan now and release version 4.0. They made 3.5 squid.
The sound quality is good. I admit it.

1 Like

Both radio and podcasts are listed on the left menu here. I didn’t have to do anything to get them to show.

After a restart they appeared in the left side :+1:

2 Likes

Me too - I use Audirvana in a headless system and remote access is essential. I hope the remote app comes out within the 30-day trial period so it can at least be tested before subscribing.

1 Like

i had some also when first sync… i think it add tags to fields that were empty… i don’t know
i found a way to edit those faster then each cover like in your picture…
Me i tag my files with one name… not everyone will do that.

Go to tracks view… those CD split always goes at the same place in your artist list…
they have a name in tags called Artist… so, the positioned always at same place.
I thought i have no more to show, but there was one for me this morning :slight_smile:
The Dave Brubeck Quartet has been add to my tag, this is why now album split…
see picture 1, and 2

so , i select those tracks and delete the quartet tag and save…
sometimes the list doesn’t refresh, sometimes it do :slight_smile:

in picture 3 it is where they all go from my database… Between Ar… and As…

Hi,
I test Audirvana Studio at the moment.
First, the sound playback is great !
Difficult to be sure if it’s better or equal to Audirvana 3.5, but the first sound impressions are really good.
Some small bugs for the moment (refreshing display for example) … and a more important one concerning the radio playback. One a the major reason I want to switch to Audirvana Studio is radio playback capabilities. I listen to FIP (French radio). In Audirvana Studio, I can find the two available stream - mp3 or aac. The aac stream couldn’t be played … Audirvana studio stream only the mp3 stream … that’s bad.

Congrats Damien !
Bertrand

I thought the radio was supposed to be like the one in Roon and Spotify where you choose an artist and then choose radio and it plays similar artists. This one in AS is a plain radio and nothing for me.

1 Like

i can read the fonts too but it will not ber posible as we age quickly LOL

just made a comparison
I played alternatively Little feat Long distance love with Qobuz flac files
Roon vs Audirvana studio …i did not expect such a difference in sound clarity …;;;amazing

Roon :1 point
Audirvana 2 ponits
multiroom is missing a lot for me

1 Like

The remote app not available is significant, making the program useless for me. Unfortunately, this was not communicated upfront, and I would not have spent any time on this version. Hopefully the remote is available soon.

1 Like