Audirvāna Studio Feedback

I cannot get kernel streaming to work with playing DSD64 files.

No, it’s because (a) Studio displays separate icons for Composer tags and the icons/info are not sorted. I.e. one big mess.

You can. Single, double and quad rates.

Thank you!!! Although there is a drop down item for “Album Artists”, there is no such drop down item for “Artists” – poses a problem for albums with “Various Artists”. But at least filtering by Album Artist is an improvement.

I agree with your pricing scheme. Makes more sense then what was proposed by Audirvana.

At the very least, Audirvana should extend the trial period.

1 Like

Actually, there is, but confusingly, Audirvana Studio calls it “All Artists”, the first option at the top.

No. All Artists includes the entire list (including Composers, etc,)

After one day with AS … Vox and 3.5 … i run again AS for listening music.
The music playback is really more detailed than in 3.5. It’s balanced also … much more than in roon (i’ve try also).

My advice to avoid problem is : after first time running AS, go immediately to set the proper way to your music folder. In my case, AS was wrong, and set a root folder as local music folder. it give problems. I’ve correct it to set exactly the path to THE music folder.

For me, the only problem (bugs) are :
• Refresh problem on the “My Music” folder … sometimes i click on, the green is completely black. I have to restart to see the albums inside the folder.
• The hog mode is a little bit … strong. When i try to run Vox (for listening radio) after using AS, the sound crash in my speakers.
• The playlist window is to small to manage tracks easily … AS crash one time when i try to manage tracks in a playlist.
• Radio is not completely ok … That’s the major point for me because i want to use AS for that … AS don’t want to play my favorite french radio FIP in AAC … :face_with_head_bandage:

Enjoy ! :partying_face:

Thank you, I had not noticed that, as I am only satisfied with the Album Artist filtering.
Strange indeed that the composers, ensemble and performers should be included in the All Artist filter.

1 Like

What you appear to be referencing is the ReplayGain analysis, which doesn’t happen automatically when opening Studio. There are no other settings to adjust under “Audio Signal Analysis”.

Clicking on the progress bar doesn’t do anything.

The ongoing “analysis” doesn’t affect library syncing or playback. But it does seem to lock up the program when trying to close out of it, forcing you to use the Task Manager to terminate the application.

2 Likes

No MQA support that works. Where is the que?

I also use a “headless” system on a Mac Mini, but I use screen sharing to control it from a laptop most of the time. I rarely use the remote. This might be a temporary workaround until the new remote comes out,

1 Like

The sound of these internet radios is painful. It’s something you can hear as a background music with an internet browser on the speakers of your computer, but in AS, with a DAC and an amp or headphones, it’s truly awful.
Why do you want to listen to FIP that way?

2 Likes

Cheers Recorder :+1:
Yep that’s how I’m trialling it at the moment, via Remote Desktop from my Mac running Win10 to my NUC server . Although when I say trialling I actually mean failing miserably.
TBH, I don’t mind waiting a little for the remote app to be released.
Unfortunately it’s the myriad of other problems with the software - locking up/crashing (as 3.5.45 did), inability to play hi-res tracks to my streamer, the constant ‘analysing’ of stored tracks, etc which makes the software totally un-useable imo.
Reading through the posts on here, I really don’t see how these bugs are going to be ironed-out during the months trial I/we have. It’d be interesting to know how many of us existing users will actually persevere with the software, or look for a working alternative.

I know of at least one (Radio Paradise) that provides a 16/44.1 FLAC stream. There may be others.

1 Like

This internet radio is one of the best music radio in the World :wink: !
All the things I listen or I buy come from FIP. I usually listen to FIP through VOX. It’s work perfectly. With my excellent DAC (SMSL Sanskrit 10th II), it’s a pleasure to listen to it all day long !

When displaying local MQA albums, it is listed as “HD 24/48 KHz Stereo”. Only MQA albums in TIdal are listed as “MQA”. Nonetheless, the local MQA album is processed correctly.

Hé, je suis français aussi… :slight_smile:

I know FIP and I listen to it, in my car for instance, but I never listened to it through an audiophile player.
I tested today some radios with AS and it was painful to hear these lossy flux.
If you have a good link for FIP, post it please and I’ll connect to it with VOX.

There is still no version distinction for seeming duplicate albums – just like 3.5. The only (good) workaround I can think of is to number each version as a different disk# in the filetag metadata.

1 Like