Audirvāna Studio Feedback

Why oh why do I need to sign in to it every time I open it? I’ve plenty of other subscription apps that don’t require this, so why does AStudio require it - really bad when running a headless MacMini.

(further, the sign in does not link with MacOS Keychain Access to allow for auto filling email and password boxes).

I don’t know if this make sense in the context of how AS keeps you signed in but perhaps it’s related to your dynamic IP address changing frequently.
If you can monitor your external IP address maybe there is some correlation.

Odd. On both my MacBook Air and my Windows laptop AS stays logged in. Only times I have to log in myself is when I change between both laptops.

I’d like to know what that setting is. I can’t find anything in AStudio itself.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion. But, as I feared, only heartbreak comes for meddling with network settings. My system uses DHCP, but the ip address seems constant. Following online instructions I changed this to a manual ip address, but this only took everything off line (not bad for local content only in AS, but I subscribed because of its radio options).

Thanks for your reply. Any indications from the settings you have to suggest what I might need to change?

Try this: go to my account in settings and disconnect your account. Close Audirvana and login again. After this action the problem might be solved.

1 Like

Why the aggression maybe its in your moniker ?

As it occurred to you that people want to use this software but the number of errors/omissions make it difficult if not impossible to do so.

The forum exists to air your comments about the software (preferably not the people) . The posters are aware of an issue and air them . Good for them.

I personally ran a 4 week trial without getting a single track to play, despite several posts, with no comment from the Audirvana team, I find that inexcusable !

1 Like

Glad I waited awhile. As mentioned previously, I wasnt going anywhere near Studio until a remote was finished and I’m glad it is.

Very first impressions…

Remote is definitely a lot nicer and snappier and it’s nice to have more options. I will have to do a little more menu digging over time and I’m not going to bother using my local files for a little bit. I use Tidal 99% of the time anyways. Is it much easier on Windows now to draw the path and optimize things for when I do want to put my folder in?

I had my old SoX and DSD512 settings set up within a couple of minutes. Sounds a bit nicer. Blacker blacks, a little more 3D and deeper with the test tracks I know well. Also seems a bit less harsh and the sharpest transients but not veiled. Just nicer.

Is it enough to pay a subscription for? We’ll see. It seems to operate with about the same efficiency as 3.5 did as far as when DSD pops happen. I am going to test a few long tracks over the 30 days as I seemed to have issues with anything over 15-20 minutes. The track would stop about the 15-20 minute mark and the program would freeze and id have to close that down. Havent had that happen so far. So thats a plus. The only new irritating thing is that I get the DSD pop everytime I start a track or album now. I used to not get them as long as i pressed stop first before picking a new track but now it does it every time regardless. But just at the beginning. Overall playback seems to be less glitchy.

Its cool. But man I love 3.5 too and might just end up being happy with it forever. Because I own it forever. We’ll see how the 30 days goes.

2 Likes

HRA streaming does not work anymore since version 1.5.
I can’t play any album. Press play, but no reaction. Albums show up very slow in a kind of erratic way.
This is true for Mac and PC version.
The HRA app works without problems.

1 Like

If you go to the Account section in the settings, Click Disconnect , then reconnect again and it will stop doing it : )

1 Like

Can’t hear any appreciable difference between 3.5 and AS (1.5),

3 Likes

3.5 sounds better to me than AS 1.5!
1.0 was really good and better than 3.5.
1.5 is too bass-heavy for me. the bass is so dominant that it wrecks the stage.

2 Likes

since 1.51 the studio is way too quiet !?

This sums up how subjective sound is… I find 1.5 too ‘edgy’ at high frequencies!
Can never have too much bass! But then I have a 3-way system with 15” speakers for the low end.

That said. AS1.5 isn’t bad, I just don’t hear an improvement over A3.5.

1 Like

3.5 is clearly better for me. more musical, more harmonious.
1.5 lumpy and torn.

3 Likes

I subscribed early to Studio as I wanted to support Audirvana and for me the subscription is reasonable - annual or monthly. AS 1.5 and the remote are working well for me (for local files anyway, not tried streaming yet). Initial impression is that, with my system, the SQ is currently the best it’s been and I’ve had Audirvana since v2. Thanks Damien from a happy customer.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried this, several times. It doesn’t work. Nor does downloading it again and reinstalling.

I’ve only just taken out the subscription. If this persists, I’ll be cancelling it very shortly.

Thanks, but as stated in an earlier reply, it doesn’t work.