Audirvāna Studio Trial Extension

Pretty much this :smiley:

If the Windows version of AS was as stable and reliable as the Mac version, things would be a lot better. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am waiting for 1.4 on Windows too (I also have a year subscription with discount for 3.5). In my case AS is also still analysing and also crashes ‘silently’ around every hour. I have AS on a dedicated NUC. Audirvana 3.5, Roon and Foobar2000 all work fine without crashing on the same computer and with the same library.
Also if I play music in AS (while it still is analysing) it crashes after about one hour. No error message. It just stops and after that I don’t see it anymore in Windows Task manager.
Sofar it is quite unusable for me. I know it was my own decision to subscribe, but I did not expect an unusable program. I think it also would be a nice gesture of Audirvana to compensate (in subscription time) the early users, because this is not a product that adheres to basic expectations.

1 Like

As am I.
Problem is, with no extension to the trial period how am I meant to install it? :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Hello,
I guess all people is waiting for AS amazing promises to hear our music in best conditions… and must admit there could be some difficulties here and there during new application launch. But the big problem here is that there’s not only the ios/androïd app missing, so impossible to test, but more a huge of bugs, even in v1.4 release, although better than previous ones (I can’t mention all here - some very basic ones - AS freeze ! NOT present in A v3.5 !), so avoiding a real life test over a reasonable laps of time. In these conditions the free try period is too short of course. Many have their try finished without any idea about what to do then with subscription. When AS is working, it’s really the finest possible music experience, but you’ve to live with some annoying bugs. In my case using a MBP under Catalina.

1 Like

Here we are ! Windows v1.4.5 released and trial period is over. I was expecting that this version would solve the issues already reported. Requested already few days ago to extend the trial period without any feedback : @Antoine what to do ?

2 Likes

Friend, just create a new account and get another 30 days

I don’t understand why everyone is fixated on the request to extend the trial for a few days or for 14 days, when you can get 30 days without any problems

Is it legal to do?

1 Like

Pas certain qu’une nouvelle installation avec un nouveau compte soit possible sur un PC déjà utilisé par le compte précédent…

If you are not spending your whole day in front of your desktop, remote is essential.
When you are listening music, siting on your sofa, remote is essential. And part of the product. Doesn’t matter if it’s 2% or 15% of it.

3 Likes

En 2021 un lecteur audio pour ordinateurs qui ne propose pas de remote est pour moi tout simplement un lecteur antédiluvien… Beaucoup d autres et qui sont gratuits disposent d une remote fonctionnelle… Foobar, musicbee, LMS… Donc proposer en période d essai un produit sans la remote est une erreur !!! Oui quand on écoute de la musique sur ses enceintes on est assis sur son canapé et on écoute… On est pas figé devant l écran du PC. Dans ce cas oui la remote est indispensable et il serait de bon ton que les périodes d essai débutent au lancement de la remote.

2 Likes

I thought my trial was over, and I was ready to subscribe to one month in order to continue to test AS, but it appeared that I got the two weeks extension since I wrote a mail to support.
I couldn’t know it before booting on an external SSD, since I didn’t install AS on my main boot drive.

It’s better to have it. Yesterday you used AS with your Raspberry.

Guess! :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are close, but you only inverted the numbers. 61!
And I can tell you that the remote is an important accessory for a player. I also use it with DAC and headphones, but sometimes I listen to the Hi Fi.

It’s not a fact, because you can never know if you won’t need it in a month or two.

For me it’s important, because during this Covid year, my wife worked from home. Therefore, I couldn’t often listen to the Hi Fi without disturbing her. So I listened a lot with the headphones. But soon she will be back to his office, and I’ll need the remote for my Hi Fi.

You’re lucky.
For my part I’ve written two mails but without success. My trial period is still over.

1 Like

I have no proof that the trial extended, thankfully to the mail that I sent. But I presume that it’s the case, because it expired a few days ago.
I just launched AS, and I saw that it was working. I looked at the account and I saw that it’s written now that the trial will expire on June 30.

1 Like

Hmmm. My trial is still expired, despite sending emails requesting the extension. Hopefully support are working down a queue.

Did you write your request to them in English or in French?